How can I clear my recently played?

How can I clear my recently played?

GracieEFish
Visitor

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew how I can clear my recently played on Spotify. My younger cousins use my phone for songs sometimes and I don’t want them playing some of the music I’m playing. Since the new update I haven’t been able to find where you clear it. I’m on iOS but I can also do desktop:

3 Replies

Re: How can I clear my recently played?

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @GracieEFish, thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Recently played have been moved to the Home tab. It's not possible to remove music from here. Even if you remove them from the desktop version, it won't be removed from your iOS device.

Even though Private Sessions will prevent Recently Played Artists from appearing on your profile, it will still appear in the Home tab.

If you're not enjoying this feature, I'd recommend starting a new Idea in the Idea's Exchange board here.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know :) 

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

mkleef
Casual Listener

This doesnt work. The ability to clear your Recently Played list has totally disappeared from iOS and Mac apps. Why has it gone, Spotify?? 

Highlighted

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @mkleef

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify is always improving and testing new features to make sure you get the best experience.  If you'd like to be able to remove your Recently Played again, you can always create a new Idea about this here

I hope this helps

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS