Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I clear my recently played?

How can I clear my recently played?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew how I can clear my recently played on Spotify. My younger cousins use my phone for songs sometimes and I don’t want them playing some of the music I’m playing. Since the new update I haven’t been able to find where you clear it. I’m on iOS but I can also do desktop:

Top Answer
Mario
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for the many posts about this.

For those who missed it, writing to share this Idea you can add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to if you'd love to see this feature implemented.

Cheers!

34 Replies

This is not a solution. Thumbs down.

This procedure does not work for the "Recently played" section in the Home section of the desktop app.

It only works in the "Your Library" section.

Capture.PNG

@herlich is totally right.

I also want to remove artits or albums form the HOME screen. 

There is no such option. Also, I have intentionally listened to several "playlists" just to put other content in front of the hacker's content and it does not even show up. I have been hacked twice. It's offensive to see the constant reminder- and it would be useful to clear the recently played so I can monitor if I am indeed being hacked again or if it's just the same old **bleep** THAT I HATE SEEING and would never listen to. Seriously I cannot tell if this entity is still hacking- give me some control please- I would really rather not unsubscribe...

update: I finally found the area where you can indeed remove recently played items by hovering and clicking on the 3 dots (left side of screen on PC) - but this does not help me- as the Recently Played I am referring to it right smack in the middle of the home screen at the top. It is un-nerving. Strangely, the hacker's content is not to be found on the previously mentioned tab:(

This is the stupidest "feature" ever.  Where in the world is the home tab getting it's cache from?  The desktop app's home tab is different from my iphone.  AND on the pc, I play different music all day long BUT THE SAME FREAKING ALBUM THAT I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IN MONTHS IS AT THE FRONT OF THE LIST.  wth spotify.  At least tell us where in the world the home tab gets its data from, because it's definitely not the recently played list.

That's pretty easy... Clearly it's coming from the computer of the so-called "hacker" lol -- which is exactly why they have zero control over it. Seems pretty logical.

Yeah well I just uninstalled and dug for every hidden file associated with Spotify, including the registry, reinstalled, and guess what?  My home tab recently played is clear EXCEPT for that one stupid album I want to get rid of

spotify, you need to provide an answer.  the web app recently played has NONE of my listening activity from my iPhone.  There are only FOUR items listed in recently played, all from months ago.  I listen to varying music daily.  DAILY.  Why isn't recently played updating?  What doesn't make sense is that all of the recommended music is updating based on what I play every day, but not recently played.

I managed to get one of MY frequently listened to playlists in front of the hacker’s “Recently Played” on my home page the other day- and now it has been displaced by hacker **bleep**. This can only mean I have been hacked a 3rd time, right??? I think they may be on a Play Station, which if I have read correctly, cannot be signed out by “sign out everywhere”.  

The solution from Spotify does not work on Windows 10 desktop app, because the 'three-dot menu' does not show 'remove' as a choice.  

Do you think Windows 10 web player is vulnerable? I do not need to listen at work... 

That could be a variety of things from insecure WiFi, to scammy browser plugins... Really hard to say how this is being done.

WiFi can be secured with a personal VPN, but I doubt you'd be able to install that without a problem on an enterprise PC. But start looking at what Extensions you have installed in Firefox/Chrome etc and uninstall anything non-critical/non big name to ensure the plugins aren't scraping your browsing/keyboard/password data.

It's not the be-all end-all solution, but it's a start.

I personally cranked up my password to a minimum 24 mixed letter/number/mixed symbol hash - so far it's been stable.

That being said, the damage is still done and am still pursuing a way to reverse these idiotic playlists and tracks from showing which were listened to at the time of compromise.

Good stuff. I will clean up my Google Chrome. Guess I felt safe because we have a secure server and pay an IT company big bucks to keep it that way. Ha ha. I have a crazy password now also because this is war. Thanks. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for the many posts about this.

For those who missed it, writing to share this Idea you can add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to if you'd love to see this feature implemented.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts