Announcements

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV?

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV?

Music Fan

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV 4K? 

14 Replies

Re: How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV?

Music Fan

?

Music Fan

?

Music Fan

I am going to post a ? here everyday until someone at Spotify responds. My monthly fee is paying your salary remember that! 

Hi there @forum83,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

This isn’t possible right now, but we’re always working to improve the Podcast experience on Spotify. We recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea, to show your support.

Just as a heads-up, we're also currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs, so stay tuned for more updates in our Spotify Newsroom.

We hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here in case you have any questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

Music Fan

Xenia,

Thanks for at least responding. 

Now on to bad news for you and your company Spotify. You just broke one of the greatest features of watching a podcast (JRE is a example) on my Apple TV via the YouTube app on TVOS via the Apple TV 4K. 

Your company just broke this complete functionality. This is an embarrassment for a major tech company. If your app was not ready to launch JRE exclusively on Dec 1 2020, then don’t do it. 

What do you say to the millions of people that watch this podcast via YouTube app and now can only listen to it via your app on an Apple TV?

Also if you try to cast the video via airplay it fails as well.

I DO NOT care about chrome cast or an android tv. That doesn’t address my question and stop deflecting from an obvious mistake. 

I am going to use this thread has an example to my development teams on what not to do. That is the only positive thing coming from this issue.

I hope your company is clearly aware people will cancel memberships over this. 

Hey there @forum83,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Music Fan

Jeremy,

So when given the opportunity to address the millions of people that can not watch video from a podcast that you have exclusive rights to you decided on this canned response. Interesting and very telling.

This issue/thread will remain unsolved until the functionality has been restored. 

If you are developer out there or work in PR take note of this thread on what not to do. This is a prime real world example of a company failing its customers. 

Please someone from Spotify respond with another canned response that doesn’t address the actual issue. 

Music Fan

Everyone that is experiencing the same problem please let the JRE staff know directly by filling out this form on the JRE website.

https://www.joerogan.com/contact 

Spotify is not taking this seriously.

Re: How do I play video from a podcastu on my Apple TV?

Regular

Ya, That’s really not much of a response. The fact is Spotify made a big deal about launching podcast and secured a top celebrity and now we can’t even enjoy him where we normally enjoy him, we’re forced to just stare at our phone, it’s not gonna happen. 

SUGGESTED POSTS