Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 5c

Operating System

iOS 10

I have an older (5c) iPhone that I'm using just as a music player.  I can't put the Spotify app on it, because it requires iOS 12+.  How can I do this?  I can't believe that none of the iPhone 5's out there can use Spotify.  I found a question from last year that talked about using Spotify app on iOS 10.  When I tried chat, they told me only 12 could be used.  

3 Replies

Hey @jrbw3mi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, you will need an iOS device running iOS 12 or later. The latest iOS version for the iPhone 5c is iOS 10.3.3. There isn’t an alternative app or way to listen to Spotify app, but if you can, try listening to Spotify on the web player on the iPhone 5c here. You can let me know if that works.

There is some more information on system requirements in this support article.

I await your response!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Your answer is weak, as we can download the Last compatible version from the apple store, so the issue is not the device iPhone 5c in my case  but the compatible version which is spotify 8.7.16 

We as users need you as service provider to fix that login version so we can keep using your service

Hey @Korei1985

Thanks for your message. I understand your frustration about this. 

Checking on the system requirements page provided by Spotify, it states that you need a device that is running iOS 13 and above. If you have an iOS device that is running iOS 12 or earlier, then you will not be able to use the Spotify app with optimal performance, and support will be limited since it's not currently supported by Spotify.

Hope this helps. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts