Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I sort my playlists?

How can I sort my playlists?

I want to sort my playlists alphabetically.  How can I do that?

I usually use my Apple phone to access Spotify, but sorting of playlists is not an option as far as I can tell.  Are there other Spotify clients (Web player, etc.) that do allow for sorting?  If so, could I use one of those to sort my playlists and then continue to access and play my (sorted) playlists from my Apple phone?

It is frustrating that such a simple function is missing.  Any feedback and suggestion is appreciated.  My efforts to bring attention to this basic feature have been redirected by Spotify to dead-end channels.  Ugh.

7 Replies

You actually can sort by alphabetical order within the Spotify app! Just select the playlist that you would like to change the order of, and in the top right hand corner there should be three lines (not the dots), where you can then choose to sort by title (alphabetical), artist, recently added, or custom!

I do it all the time with my playlists.

Like this reply if it helped you out!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  It sounds like this suggestion would help me to sort items on the playlist, but I want to sort the order in which the list of the playlists are displayed.  Sorry if I did not do a good job explaining.  All of my playlists are in the order they were created, and I want them to be in alphabetical order.  I do not see this as an option with the iPhone app that I use.  I am willing to use another client if this feature is available there and the results will be visible on my iPhone client.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. As far as I know, there are no apps that can do that. Until Spotify adds it, that feature is not available. You can request it in the Ideas section of the Community website.

If you don't want to filter it by alphabetical order or another filter that is already pre-built into the Spotify Software I think you may have to get on your desktop to manually customize your playlists. I have not been able to find a way to customize my playlists besides the filters that can be put on the playlists through my iPhone X. But on my Mac (or any computer) you can easily customize where the songs will be in the playlist. Hope this helps!

Again, I am NOT trying to sort songs, but the playlists themselves.  I want to change the order in which my playlists are listed, not the songs on the playlists. 

Currently playlists appear to be listed in the order they were created.

I want playlists to be listed in alphabetical order, or most recently played.  

The first playlist I created is the one I use the most; I have to scroll down to the bottom of all of my playlists to reach and play it.  I realize that there are bigger problems in the world, but this seems like a pretty simple feature that should be included - especially when I am paying for the service.

Hey there! I’m here to update you that you can sort your playlists by alphabetical order. When you go to your library and select playlists, scroll all the way to the top where it says “filter” and when you tap the three lines next to it, you can sort by name. This will sort the actual playlists and not the songs in them. 

Hope this helps. 

Suggested posts