Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i delete a song from a playlist on my IOS Device?

How can i delete a song from a playlist on my IOS Device?

Hey Guys,

my iPhone 5S is my "Main Spotify Station". I´m using it with my Wireless Bose Soundlink Speaker, with my Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar and in my car with my Parrot. Sometimes, i´m wondering about the usability about the Spotify App with an IOS Device. Most of the times, i´m hearing music from my playlists. Sometimes i want to delete the song which is actually played from the playlist. The normal user think "Hey, click on the Button with the three dots in the circle, search for the delete button and delete them. But what happens? I´ve get a list about all things that i dont need. The important, easy and stupid function to delete the actually song which is played from the current playlist is missing. This is totally not userfriendly!

From time to time, the IOS App is slower and slower. Intelligent Playlists and Suggestions which should be based on my hearing Profile does not exist or does not work properly.

As soon as my Mobile Provider offers another Music Provider  like Deezer without calculating the bandwith traffic, i will change.

Spotify was a good idea. But a product must be based on the customer. And nothing else.

4 Replies

Hello, 

I believe you have to slide the song that you want to delete from your playlist so it does not appear. If this method does not work I suggest either a clean installation of the app or contacting Spotify of your problem. Personally, I am an Android user but I would be glad to help you with your situation. I'll be sending you a link to a contact form if these solutions do not help you.

Link: https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/contact-spotify-support/ 

Best of luck, 

Austin

Hello! I agree with you, the current implementation is really confusing. In fact, on iOS as a whole, we're encouraged to slide list items and see a Delete button, but on Spotify, the same gesture has a complete different meaning.

If you want, you can visit the Ideas board and submit a suggestion other users can support, if no one did it already 😉

Meanwhile,to delete a song from a playlist, first, tap on the three little dots at the top of the playlist page:

1.jpg

Then, tap edit.

2.jpg

Finally, tap the red dot on the song you want to delete and confirm by hitting the delete button.

3.jpg

Hello, 

Thanks for the extra info! Much appreciated. 

Austin

Thank you Rodrigo,

thank you for your help. In the meanwhile i have found these steps in another forum post. 

I could understand this bad implementation, if ios would be a system which is unknown. IOS has 20 percent market share....

But again, a product must be based on the customer. Nothing else.

greetz

Suggested posts