Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change the name of a playlist while on iOS?

Solved!

How do I change the name of a playlist while on iOS?

It seems like something incredibly straightforward but I honestly can't find out how to do this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news!

You can now rename playlists in the new version 3.9 that was released today.

At the top of a playlist tap on "Edit" and then tap on "Rename".

IMG_1487.PNG

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Playlists cannot be currently renamed using the iOS app.

You will have to do this from the desktop client.

Otherwise delete the playlist and make a new one with a different name and re-add all of the tracks. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

How can it be possible to add a coment saying the problem is "solved" when it's not?

It should be a simple thing to allow the change of a playlist name in the iOS app. Please work out a solution!

Thank you 🙂

@pedromldo wrote:

How can it be possible to add a coment saying the problem is "solved" when it's not?

It should be a simple thing to allow the change of a playlist name in the iOS app. Please work out a solution!

Thank you 🙂

The idea to allow renaming of playlists on mobile has already been suggested here.

If you would like to see it added as a feature, add your kudos and comments there 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This should be changed. I do not have a computer currently, and rely heavily on my iPhone. #TabletsAreTheFuture

This type of stuff is very inconvenient for people's lab top who's is say broken or people who don't sync there Facebook these things should be one of the first things you should fix when creating am app like this please address these problems and fix in your new update which is the best time to fix these problems

How do I get my spotify back to online mode on my iPod? I've reinstalled it 20 times an logged in and out. I've also tried do all the solutions that were suggested online but none of them work. Please help!!!! 

Thanks in advance,

Courtney 

@courtney_court - A reinstall should do it. What error messages are you getting?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is kind of crazy and a solution should be here already. The desktop client is incredibly slow and unwieldy. Kudos to the developers of the iOS app because otherwise I would never pay for Spotify Premium. The desktop experience is really subpar. I hope this feature gets added to the iOS soon.

I just googled for a solution to what I thought would be a rather banal problem - renaming a playlist on a mobile device - and am rather shocked to see that not only it does not seem possible, but also that it's an issue people are complaining about since almost two years. It's mid-2014 and I'm seriously being asked to install a desktop client somewhere for basic playlist management?! Wow...

Ditto what everone else is saying, I lost 10 minutes of my life trying to figure it out. 

Another feature that seems absurdly simple to add, yet hasn't even been looked into for years. If you don't have the manpower to do it yourself, why not allow users who can code to volunteer to work on the project? I'm sure many people would be more than happy to spend an hour or two working on a feature they'd make a lot of use of.

YES! Thank you!! I was wondering how to do this as well. It's extremely unconvienant that you can't change it in the app, when it should be something extremely easy to fix! I feel like the creators left out this pretty easy mistake & they've just been too lazy to update it & fix it to include it the app & not just the website. So could you PLEEEEEAAASE fix this!!! Not everyone has the best access to the internet or desktop, so if you could just fix this fairly minor issue, I'd be extremely happy & I know a lot of other people would be too! Thank you!

Seriously? I can't do this? What year is this, 2008??

Really stupid and should be such a simple fix. Please sort soon Spotify as it ruins and otherwise near flawless experience on IOS!

Spotify just launched a new version and it's STILL impossible to change a playlist name on iOS?!?! Why has this feature been lacking for so long? I would also like to see an option to reorganize the order of my playlists that I've made, we already have the option to reorganize music within the playlist, but not the playlists themselves...

It's almost 2015 and I still can't change the name of a spotify playlist on my phone...what is going on? Add this "feature" immediately.

Really man! Changing the name of a playlist you created should be the easiest thing ever! This is stupid!!!

If you want this feature to be added, then please add your kudo to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Rename-playlists-on-mobile/idc-p/1002952

MattSudaSpotify Star

This has been reported more than 2 years ago, it's 2015 there is still no fix? Unbelievable!!! What a service...

Suggested posts