Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I choose music other than automated playlists in car mode?

How do I choose music other than automated playlists in car mode?

In spotify car mode (iphone) the choose music tool only lists a handful of automated playlists to choose from. How do I select music from my library, or from favorited playlists in car mode?
7 Replies

Hey there @GPR3K

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending a screenshot of what you're seeing in car mode on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

9261ADD2-24E3-403E-804E-DFA95ED97BBB.png

1DD54BAA-80E5-4EED-958C-F6A18A353519.png

Hey there @GPR3K,

Thanks for the screenshots.

The Car Mode only lets you select music from those playlists, like Liked Songs, Daily Mix, Daily Drive and other recently viewed content. The search option is not available. This is because the Car Mode is very simplified, offering fewer controls while driving. This Car Mode is still in testing, so we've passed on your feedback to our development team.

If you want more control of your app while in the car, you can use Apple CarPlay if possible. 

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How does car mode select which playlists to make available, and how can I manipulate that algorithm ?

Hey @GPR3K

Thanks for your reply.

We're afraid it's not possible to choose which playlist is shown on car mode. However, as @Alex mentioned, this is still being tested. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How does car mode select which playlists to make available?

Suggested posts