Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay Not Working

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceiPhone SE MKIOperating System15.5 My Question or IssueI'm using IOS15.5 on an Iphone SE MKI with the latest version of Spotify 8.7.46.1678. The autoplay feature is not working. I've updated to the latest version of...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device iPhone SE MKI Operating System 15.5   My Question or Issue I'm using IOS15.5 on an Iphone SE MKI with the latest version of Spotify 8.7.46.1678...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Mobile Spotify and Discord

Hello, I use Spotify and Discord on mobile and I’m curious why my Discord status doesn’t show me as listening to Spotify when I am listening to Spotify. All of the settings are correct both on Spotify and Discord. I don’t understand PremiumUnited Sta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I use Spotify and Discord on mobile and I’m curious why my Discord status doesn’t show me as listening to Spotify when I am listening to Spotify. All of the settings are correct both on Spotif...
  • LiIith
  • 21 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad iOS Beta 16 podcast stop playing when rotating from landscape to portrait

Device: iPad Pro 11" M1OS: iOS 16 BetaSubscription: PremiumCountry: USSpotify Version: 8.750.416 My Question or IssueOpen Spotify while in landscape mode and select a podcast via "Your Library > podcast name", then start playing the podcast. If you t...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: iPad Pro 11" M1 OS: iOS 16 Beta Subscription: Premium Country: US Spotify Version: 8.750.416   My Question or Issue Open Spotify while in landscape mode and select a podcast ...
  • eelpie123
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't delete my playlists or change my playlist's covers

All of a sudden yesterday I could not change the cover on my playlists or delete the playlist itself. When I tried to change the picture I could press the edit button, but once I tried pressing "change image", nothing happened. Then when I pressed th...

• Visitor
  • All of a sudden yesterday I could not change the cover on my playlists or delete the playlist itself. When I tried to change the picture I could press the edit button, but once I tried pressing "chan...
  • Fvi
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonos Speakers Not Appearing in Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone Xs and Windows10Operating SystemiOS 15.6 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueYesterday, when I logged into Spotify to play music through my Sonos, my Sonos speakers were not visible in the Spotify application. The spe...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs and Windows10 Operating System iOS 15.6 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Yesterday, when I logged into Spotify to play music through my S...
  • keiran_pl
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play any specific song

Plan: FreeCountry: Canada DeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemiOS 15.5 I am unable to play any specific song. When I search a song and click on play, it just plays a random song that too not from the same artist. Also I can no longer play a specific s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Free Country: Canada   Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System iOS 15.5   I am unable to play any specific song. When I search a song and click on play, it just plays a ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Black/dark background on song

PremiumChileiPhone 7iOS 10 So the thing is that when playing a song, a dark background instead of a colored one (based on album art), is displayed.I would like to know if it is possible to replicate this, or if it is just some type of bug. Thanks in ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Chile iPhone 7 iOS 10   So the thing is that when playing a song, a dark background instead of a colored one (based on album art), is displayed. I would like to know if it is possi...
  • LukeBucholz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notifications for new podcast episodes

Currently using an iPhone X and have the most recent version of the app. My friend who has the same model phone showed me a new feature whereby you can get push notifications when a new episode of a podcast you follow drops. However, this feature doe...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently using an iPhone X and have the most recent version of the app.  My friend who has the same model phone showed me a new feature whereby you can get push notifications when a new episode...
  • RandyInLA
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes

whenever i’m connected to my alexa, i get a pop up telling me i’m connected every few seconds

as the title says, whenever i’m connected to alexa on my iphone, i get a pop up in the middle of the screen every few seconds telling me that i’m connected, and it’s incredibly annoying. anyone know why?

• as the title says, whenever i’m connected to alexa on my iphone, i get a pop up in the middle of the screen every few seconds telling me that i’m connected, and it’s incredibly annoying. anyone know ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Only Left Ear playing bluetooth with AirPods and Beats with iPhone X and Spotify

Both airpods work in overy other App as well as my phone. However with Spotify, only one ear plays I've been on phone with Apple tech support. I've logged out and back in of App, updated it and also rebooted phone - which has latest update. Only one ...

• Both airpods work in overy other App as well as my phone.  However with Spotify, only one ear plays I've been on phone with Apple tech support.  I've logged out and back in of App, updated ...
  • jcpe
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files album cover

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15My Question or Issuei’ve downloaded a lot of songs through local files and put them all in the same playlist. when it finally finished downloading to my iPhone i noticed that there was no album cover fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15 My Question or Issue i’ve downloaded a lot of songs through local files and put them all in the same playlist. when it finally finished do...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

bug player background

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or Issuehi, i noticed a really annoying bug in the player screen that happens very often. The background sometimes becomes dark at the bottom of the screen, and if I make...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue hi, i noticed a really annoying bug in the player screen that happens very often. The ...
  • Meteorol11
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below). I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and would rather run Spotify with the options to use the SONOS s...

• Casual Listener
  • In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below).  I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and wou...
  • Vasil
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Facebook

Hello,I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc..I dont want to create a new account because i have to much musiclistsMy ques...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc.. I dont want to crea...
  • Yordan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution wrong song playing

PlanFreeCountryNew Zealand DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issuespotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I usually can choose what songs play and plays the wrong songs on normal shuffled pl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue spotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I u...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local music has a green arrow but is still greyed out and cannot listen to on phone

spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline so that is not the issue has a green arrow under it ...

• Regular
  • spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline s...
  • CarlosE
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sound bending with AirPods Pro

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 12 ProAirPods ProOperating SystemiOS 15.4 My Question or IssueSound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15.4 update. steps to reproduce:1. Enable spatial stereo audio.2. Toggle transparency m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 12 Pro AirPods Pro Operating System iOS 15.4   My Question or Issue Sound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15...
  • jgalvez2121
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No green arrow for available offline album

After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns. That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.

IMG_2965.PNG IMG_2964.PNG
  • After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns.   That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.   
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes