Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I change the volume for Spotify only

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueHow do I change the volume for Spotify only? On PC I can easily do it by using the slider on the bottom right but I can't find that slider on mobile, nor any other meth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue How do I change the volume for Spotify only? On PC I can easily do it by using the slider on...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs suddenly stop playing on iPhone only.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.3.1My Question or IssueMy downloaded songs will play for maybe 5-10 seconds on my phone then the sound will suddenly cut out. (the music shows that it is still playing but I hear nothi...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.3.1 My Question or Issue My downloaded songs will play for maybe 5-10 seconds on my phone then the sound will...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect stops streaming when opening IOS app

Hi, this issue is related to having an Amazon Echo Dot on your network connected to the same Spotify account as you are using on your iphone. Scenario: Open Spotify App, start playing on your iPhone, switch to Spotify Connect supported device (not th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this issue is related to having an Amazon Echo Dot on your network connected to the same Spotify account as you are using on your iphone.   Scenario:   Open Spotify App, start playi...
  • gstos
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Amazon
    Connect
    Echo
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify Lyrics Still Don’t Work

My Spotify lyrics are still yet to work as of April 2nd 2022. My phone is a iphone 13 on the latest update along with my Spotify on version 8.7.18Everyone I know has lyrics why am I still yet to have mine?

• My Spotify lyrics are still yet to work as of April 2nd 2022.  My phone is a iphone 13 on the latest update along with my Spotify on version 8.7.18 Everyone I know has lyrics why am I still ye...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing app icon

Spotify is installed on my iPhone 13 but the icon is now gone from home screen (where it used to be). How do I get it back? Without the icon, I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the app. Thanks for any advice.

• Visitor
  • Spotify is installed on my iPhone 13 but the icon is now gone from home screen (where it used to be).  How do I get it back?  Without the icon, I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art blurry/low quality

After offloading the app, deleting and then re-downloading it to fix half of my album art not showing up, I have ran into another issue… Album art is now blurry/low quality under “my Library”. Even the custom images (that are high rez) I apply to pla...

• Casual Listener
  • After offloading the app, deleting and then re-downloading it to fix half of my album art not showing up, I have ran into another issue…   Album art is now blurry/low quality under “my Library...
  • Pacocha8
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Blurry Album Art
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Rearrange Playlist - iPhone

Is there any way of manually rearranging your playlists on a mobile device, similar to the way you can on the desktop version? It's a little frustrating that I can't have the same order as I do on my desktop.

• Roadie
  • Is there any way of manually rearranging your playlists on a mobile device, similar to the way you can on the desktop version?   It's a little frustrating that I can't have the same order as I...
  • Pacocha8
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why won’t my music play when I click on it?

When I click on a song it will highlight green like it’s suppose to for all of 2 seconds and then without playing any music it will just disappear without me doing it. I have no idea what’s going on, I did everything these chats said to do and it’s n...

• When I click on a song it will highlight green like it’s suppose to for all of 2 seconds and then without playing any music it will just disappear without me doing it. I have no idea what’s going on,...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played songs not appearing on history

I came across a song that I like and so I was going to press like but since the buttons for liking and disliking a song in radio are flipped, I accidentally pressed that I didn't want to hear it. So I'm trying to get into my history to find the song ...

• Casual Listener
  • I came across a song that I like and so I was going to press like but since the buttons for liking and disliking a song in radio are flipped, I accidentally pressed that I didn't want to hear it. So ...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not working in my account

PlanPremiunCountryPhilippinesDeviceIphone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.7 The lyrics funtion does not appear in my account, but in other accounts of my family plan it does. I have logged with my account on the other phones and the lyrics do not appear...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premiun Country Philippines Device Iphone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.7   The lyrics funtion does not appear in my account, but in other accounts of my family plan it does. I ha...
  • ThiagoHaos
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost all downloaded songs

I have gone on holiday to a remote location for 8 days of relaxing. Cell reception is non-existent other than 1, maybe 2 bars right at the end of the jetty. I’m on day 2 and have been listening to my large library of downloaded songs across a few dif...

• I have gone on holiday to a remote location for 8 days of relaxing. Cell reception is non-existent other than 1, maybe 2 bars right at the end of the jetty. I’m on day 2 and have been listening to my...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect only sees devices that have the app open

PlanPremiumCountryBEDeviceIphone, Desktop, Laptop, Denon HEOSOperating SystemiOS, Windows 11 My Question or IssueSpotify Connect can now apparently only see devices that have the app open. I've tried it on my phone, desktop and laptop. They can all s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country BE Device Iphone, Desktop, Laptop, Denon HEOS Operating System iOS, Windows 11   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect can now apparently only see devices that have...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't turn off random option

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone SE and same with previous iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 13 and 14) My Question or IssueI can't turn off the random option when listening to album. I gos to the Now Playing view and hit the crossed arrows icon and it become gr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone SE and same with previous iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 13 and 14)   My Question or Issue I can't turn off the random option when listening to album. I gos ...
  • 1wtf
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files won't play on Iphone

My Question or IssueI have my local files working perfectly on my laptop and in the past, I have had these local files songs easily transfer from my laptop to iPhone, at the most, it would take half an hour to get to my phone but always worked in the...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I have my local files working perfectly on my laptop and in the past, I have had these local files songs easily transfer from my laptop to iPhone, at the most, it would take hal...
  • OscarDC
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Iphone local files sync
    iPhone sync
    ipod sync spotify crash
    laptop
    laptop app
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    Local files not downloading
    local files not syncing
    LocalFiles
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Spotify Radio" always starts automatically from the car radio.

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.3.1 My Question or IssueHello everybody.I have a problem that I encounter only in the car: when I turn on the car and the car radio starts (Pioneer AVH-Z5100DAB, connected via Bluetooth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 15.3.1   My Question or Issue Hello everybody. I have a problem that I encounter only in the car: when I turn on t...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify logo on the apple watch is behind the clock

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceApple watch series 7Operating SystemIOS 15 My Question or IssueAs the title says, for some reason (for over two months) the spotify logo went behind the clock and it's a bit annoying. I thought it would be fixed by now b...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Apple watch series 7 Operating System IOS 15   My Question or Issue As the title says, for some reason (for over two months) the spotify logo went be...
  • itaybalin16
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts on CarPlay

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(15.3.1) My Question or Issue Is there a way to remove or just move podcasts from my CarPlay view ? the screen in my car is quite small, and the touchscreen isn't the best, i constantly hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (15.3.1)   My Question or Issue   Is there a way to remove or just move podcasts from my CarPlay view ?...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Radio Error

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States Device(iPhone 12 Plus) My Question or Issue: Every time I click “go to radio” no matter the artist I get the same error message: ”This playlist isn’t available. The owner of this playlist has made it private or removed...

•   Plan Premium Country United States   Device (iPhone 12 Plus)   My Question or Issue:   Every time I click “go to radio” no matter the artist I get the same error mess...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Radio
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song order sorting window stretched all across the screen

PremiumCountryHungaryDeviceiPad 9th gen. 10.2Operating SystemLatest firmware My Question or IssueHey, when the user holds the iPad horizontally and want to sort the songs order the pop up window is stretched across the screen. It is not a big deal, t...

• Premium Country Hungary Device iPad 9th gen. 10.2 Operating System Latest firmware   My Question or Issue Hey, when the user holds the iPad horizontally and want to sort the songs order...
  • Robert349
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone volume keeps changing to Desktop App volume even with app closed

I have an iPhone XS Max and Window 10 computer using spotify, and this used to work properly, but for maybe the past couple weeks, regardless of if the app is open on the phone or not, the phone volume will randomly increase to 100% to match the spot...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone XS Max and Window 10 computer using spotify, and this used to work properly, but for maybe the past couple weeks, regardless of if the app is open on the phone or not, the phone volu...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes