Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get Spotify to move automatically from one episode to another within a Podcast?

How do I get Spotify to move automatically from one episode to another within a Podcast?

Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

(Iphone X

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question 

When I'm playing a podcast on my Iphone, it just stops after an episode is complete, but I would like it to keep going to the next episode.  How can I make that happen?  Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi there!

Have you tried going into 'Playback' in 'Settings' to see if gapless playback is switched on?

I have.  Thanks for the suggestion though!  I even put them in queue, but they just stop playing after each episode.

I know this is an old thread, but it's exactly the same issue I'm having now, and I thought I would try here before creating a similarly named topic.

In my particular case, I've had this issue on both Android (v4.4.4, I believe. It's a very old device that I use simply for media playback) and Windows 10. I've only started having this issue within the last two months. I play podcasts (specifically TED Radio) through a Bluetooth speaker at home for ambiance while I'm at work. I typically select a random spot within their list of all shows, and I always make certain there are enough shows to last through the work day. However now, every day when I come home, I find that the media has stopped playing, and it stopped playing immediately after finishing the show I first selected. The next show in line hasn't started at all.

I've played through all their podcasts, aside from their most recent releases, but since I use it for ambiance, I just keep replaying them without regard for which one or what order their in. So, my theory is if the next song/show in the queue has already been played/listen to before it won’t autoplay, which I most certainly hope is a bug and not a feature. If it is a feature: WHY?! Feature or not, a solution would be much appreaciated.

I have already tried the below on all platforms:

- Reinstalling

- Emptying the cache

- Turning off power save settings

Suggested posts