Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove currently playing song from current playlist?

How do I remove currently playing song from current playlist?

How do I remove the currently playing song from current playlist I am playing it from?

Update: Looks like you can't. Spotify doesn't care enough about this to make it a feature.

"The ability to remove it from a specific playlist isn't something we plan on building at the moment."

The best thing to do is follow the link and vote for it!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Delete-song-from-playlist-in-Now-playing-menu-Mobile/idi...

11 Replies

This is currently not possible.

You can kudo this idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Delete-Song-quot-now-Playing-quot-from-playlist-on-Mob...

You'll have to tap "edit" at the top right of the playlist and scroll down until you find it and then delete it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't believe how difficult it is to delete a playing track in Spotify. It is stupid. That request has been going for 4 years adn spotify don't seem to even respond.

This is almost a show stopper defect!!  When you create a playlist from other sources and start to use it, you discover what songs you like or dislike.  When a disliked song occurs one needs to delete it at that time to eliminate it from further plays. Either a fast Find & Delete is needed, or easier to just Delete the song in the "Currently Playing" window.

Any updates? The fact that I had to google how to do such a simple thing as "delete currently playing song from playlist" this is really dissappointing. That in fact no progress has been made to implement such a simple and logical feature is really telling, time to start listening to users spotify!

incredibly inefficient and totally unreasoned

I'm new to this and I'm trying to do exactly this.  I messed around for 30 minutes feeling like a complete moron not being able to do something that should be so simple.

I have a playlist of 600 songs, scrolling through on the phone to find the song is very difficult.

This post is from 2015 and as far as I can two the problem still exists in 2018.  Seems crazy to me.

I'll try Spotify a little longer, but there are plenty of other options out there.

Is this maybe being ignored because someone marked it as solved?

Update: Looks like you can't. Spotify doesn't care enough about this to make it a feature.

"The ability to remove it from a specific playlist isn't something we plan on building at the moment."

The best thing to do is follow the link and vote for it!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Delete-song-from-playlist-in-Now-playing-menu-Mobile/idi...

Come on, Spotify... This is so very annoying and makes it difficult to curate playlists.

It is not an answer, but instead of scrolling down in the playlist you can filter the list.
Under your playlist name and covers icon, there is a Filter input (next to the download switch).

You can also press [ctrl]+[f] (Win, Linux?) or [cmnd]+[f] (Mac).

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 13.08.36.png

Yeah, that's the work around that most people seem to be using right now... however it doesn't help when you're playing multiple playlists on shuffle within a folder (whenever THAT particular feature is or isn't working...).

Suggested posts