Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Songs keep removing by itself

Hi there, my songs keep on removing by itself, I was wondering why this is happening . Is this a glitch and what should I do?

• Hi there, my songs keep on removing by itself, I was wondering why this is happening . Is this a glitch and what should I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected devices not showing up

When playing music on Spotify with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.5 I will be connected to a Bluetooth speaker or AirPods and it doesn’t show connected. It just shows “devices available” instead of the connected device.

• When playing music on Spotify with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.5 I will be connected to a Bluetooth speaker or AirPods and it doesn’t show connected. It just shows “devices available” instead o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app on iPhone 4 iOS 7

Hi, I got iPhone 4 with intention to just use as a music payer... for spotify. But I am not able to download the app as it needs iOS 9 or newer. I have Spotify on my iPhone 5 which I use as a regular phone, so I thought I would find spotify in purcha...

• Hi, I got iPhone 4 with intention to just use as a music payer... for spotify. But I am not able to download the app as it needs iOS 9 or newer. I have Spotify on my iPhone 5 which I use as a regular...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

public playlist

I have made a playlist the otherday, https://open.spotify.com/user/17coulson/playlist/5OXTlvCUGrBFVHHqbiIMc4?si=7vtmupXkRmu-2-ERLdgiqg, and when people search up my username or playlist it does not come up, neither on any other device e.g. computer. ...

• I have made a playlist the otherday, https://open.spotify.com/user/17coulson/playlist/5OXTlvCUGrBFVHHqbiIMc4?si=7vtmupXkRmu-2-ERLdgiqg, and when people search up my username or playlist it does ...
  • emily81
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Einloggen als Familienmitglied funktioniert nicht da kein PW vergeben wurde

Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein neues iPhone und wollte mich nun in der Spotify App mit meinem Familien-Abo einloggen. Seit 01.2. ist dies anscheinend nur noch ueber Facebook moeglich, wenn kein Passwort vergeben wurde. Mein Spotify Account mit Facebool...

• Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein neues iPhone und wollte mich nun in der Spotify App mit meinem Familien-Abo einloggen. Seit 01.2. ist dies anscheinend nur noch ueber Facebook moeglich, wenn kein Passwor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Always offline when connected to wifi

Whenever I'm connected to my home wifi the app says it's offline.I tried reinstalling it, and also tried connecting on another iOS phone, on the second one it worked.

• Whenever I'm connected to my home wifi the app says it's offline. I tried reinstalling it, and also tried connecting on another iOS phone, on the second one it worked.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant glitches/please help so mad!!

I can be listening to music through headphones, on my car bluetooth, or just through my phone speakers, and this message always pops up and pauses my music! Sometimes when I hit listen on this iPhone it starts a new song! Or if I press continue it sa...

• Regular
  • I can be listening to music through headphones, on my car bluetooth, or just through my phone speakers, and this message always pops up and pauses my music! Sometimes when I hit listen on this iPhone...
  • Samwaddell140
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Glitch
    headphones
    Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all music on mobile device not working

Hi everyone!I have over 3k songs in my entire library, and I was able to listen to all of it in my car (2015 Honda Civic) until just yesterday, when I saw that it was only playing the first 200 songs from my library. Even when I shuffled it, change t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone! I have over 3k songs in my entire library, and I was able to listen to all of it in my car (2015 Honda Civic) until just yesterday, when I saw that it was only playing the first 200 son...
  • twd013
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes

i can’t play current song

until now, there are two songs i can’t play. when i press play it will stuck but if i next to other song it played well.. help? oh and.. can i download spotify on my ipod nano?

• until now, there are two songs i can’t play. when i press play it will stuck but if i next to other song it played well.. help?   oh and.. can i download spotify on my ipod nano?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files won't show up on my iPhone

Hello all! I've had premium for almost two years now, and there is an artist that is on Spotify but a lot of his older music isn't on there, so I've been downloading them as local files onto Spotify from my computer. The files are stored on my comput...

• Hello all! I've had premium for almost two years now, and there is an artist that is on Spotify but a lot of his older music isn't on there, so I've been downloading them as local files onto Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not available on phone app

Hi, I downloaded 23 songs from my local files on my computer's Spotify - and then transferred them into a playlist. For some unknown reason, when I open this playlist on my phone's Spotify, it appears as empty (even though it indicates that there are...

• Hi,    I downloaded 23 songs from my local files on my computer's Spotify - and then transferred them into a playlist. For some unknown reason, when I open this playlist on my phone's Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth problem with other users account

Hello, everyone! My Spotify app in my iPhone keeps stoping playing the playlist I’ve selected and seems to sync with another user account. Then it starts playing this users playlist in my device and my playlist in his! How can I fix this? This Zacari...

• Hello, everyone!   My Spotify app in my iPhone keeps stoping playing the playlist I’ve selected and seems to sync with another user account. Then it starts playing this users playlist in my de...
  • imattolo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically (and unintentionally) skipping songs?

I use Spotify almost 95% if the time and I’ll admit it; it helps me cope with a lot of my emotions and anxiety and lately I’ve added a few newer songs and They won’t play or they would skip over it halfway through the song without me clicking the ski...

• I use Spotify almost 95% if the time and I’ll admit it; it helps me cope with a lot of my emotions and anxiety and lately I’ve added a few newer songs and They won’t play or they would skip over it h...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Glitchy on iPhone

I am using Spotify on the most updated IOS and all of a sudden my Spotify switches between songs/pauses/fast forwards and rewinds on its own when the screen is locked. Anybody else have this happen recently? I thought getting the new iPhone update mi...

• I am using Spotify on the most updated IOS and all of a sudden my Spotify switches between songs/pauses/fast forwards and rewinds on its own when the screen is locked. Anybody else have this happen r...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app update problem

Recently I’m finding several problems with the Spotify app iOS version. For example once my whole offline music got deleted without any reason and I got kicked out and had to sign in again and redownload everything! Or lately some tracks have to get ...

• Recently I’m finding several problems with the Spotify app iOS version. For example once my whole offline music got deleted without any reason and I got kicked out and had to sign in again and redown...
  • neptunes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change output device automatically when arriving home

Dear all,is there any possibility to change the output device in the spotify app automatically, when arriving home and connected to wlan?Outside my home I am listen to music with spotify app via headphones and cable and have to change the output manu...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, is there any possibility to change the output device in the spotify app automatically, when arriving home and connected to wlan? Outside my home I am listen to music with spotify app via ...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG IPHONE 8 - IOS 11.2.5

The application behaves unexpectedly, causing the entire IOS system to slow down and the device hangs without a tactile response - IOS 11.2.5 - IPHONE 8

• The application behaves unexpectedly, causing the entire IOS system to slow down and the device hangs without a tactile response - IOS 11.2.5 - IPHONE 8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Okay, need some help:I use my iphone to play music.I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine...I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE it.The problem is:When I plug the phone in, the music from sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, need some help: I use my iphone to play music. I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine... I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE ...
  • FannyVedel
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes

iPhone, Ford (with USB AUX-in) and repeated next song events

Hi,I'm using my iPhone with Ford integrated radio which has AUX in via USB (I do not have Ford Sync integration). When phone is connected it is being recognized as iPod-like device and I can play songs from my local music library without any problems...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using my iPhone with Ford integrated radio which has AUX in via USB (I do not have Ford Sync integration). When phone is connected it is being recognized as iPod-like device and I can p...
  • FannyVedel
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Incorrect city for concerts

I have moved recently and changed my personal details but I’m still getting concert notifications for my old city and not my new one. Any help appreciated, very frustrating as I’m missing gigs I’d like to attend.

• I have moved recently and changed my personal details but I’m still getting concert notifications for my old city and not my new one.   Any help appreciated, very frustrating as I’m missing gi...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes