Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop local files from greying out?

How do I stop local files from greying out?

Seemingly at random a number of local files I have uploaded to my computer and downloaded to my android phone grey out on my phone. They are perfectly accessible on my computer, but are greyed out on my phone and unable to be played unless I select them directly. I can still play these songs but they are automatically skipped in the queue and cannot be added to playlists.

I've been having this problem since I started using Spotify and I've been able to remedy it by removing and redownloading files or uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, but without fail another file will grey out a week later, seemingly at random. I'd like to know if there's a more permanent solution so this isn't something I'm having to constantly remedy.
1 Reply

Hey @AndOr47,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We get that you're having issues with your local file availability on your mobile device once in a while. Some corrupted cached data is what could be causing this on your device's end, so it's worthwhile to perform a so called clean reinstall of the app. It's more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation. Note that this wipes out all cached data including content downloaded for offline listening and that you'd need to download it again.  

In case you're using some sort of cleaning, battery or cache-optimization apps, make sure to exclude Spotify from their routines, as this might also be causing troubles for the app discovering your downloads and local files info.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts