Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn "SHUFFLE PLAY" off on iPhone? I just want to "PLAY"

Solved!

How do I turn "SHUFFLE PLAY" off on iPhone? I just want to "PLAY"

I can't play my lists in the order I've organized them on my iPhone. "SHUFFLE PLAY" seems the only option. Is there a way to go back to "Play"? Even if I select a song and play it using the small triangle-shaped play button at the bottom the list will still keep shuffling after that song is over. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the problem (with Joe's help):

• Touch the bottom bar which will bring out the artwork on the screen
  • At the bottom left you'll see two icons, one is made of two interlaced arrows: it's the SHUFFLE icon
  • You need that shuffle icon to be OFF (white)--make sure it's not green (ON)

That problem could easily be fixed if Spotify would simpoly show two buttons as opposed to one huge, SHUFFLE PLAY button. Have one be "Play" and then the other one "Shuffle Play". This is a British application; we have a different User Interface culture in the USA. The way Spotify does things--though good in general--sometimes raises an eyebrow (or two) on this continent...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,
My shuffle sign is grey. But it is still playing in shuffle mode.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Are you an free or Premium user? Only Premium users area able to music in the order they want. Free users will have to listen on shuffle mode.

Marked as solution

Found the problem (with Joe's help):

• Touch the bottom bar which will bring out the artwork on the screen
  • At the bottom left you'll see two icons, one is made of two interlaced arrows: it's the SHUFFLE icon
  • You need that shuffle icon to be OFF (white)--make sure it's not green (ON)

That problem could easily be fixed if Spotify would simpoly show two buttons as opposed to one huge, SHUFFLE PLAY button. Have one be "Play" and then the other one "Shuffle Play". This is a British application; we have a different User Interface culture in the USA. The way Spotify does things--though good in general--sometimes raises an eyebrow (or two) on this continent...

Hi,  I have a premium account, but when i try to disable the shuffle play on my iPod touch, it tells me i need to have a premium account.  When i checked settings, it shows my account as premium.  So now what?  

ETA: I have previously used Spotifty on this devise with out being stuck in shuffle play.

Wow thats really stupid.

Hey, I'm not sure if it works completely, but if you want them to play in order start a song on your playlist and hit the little bar at the bottom that shows what song is playing so that it takes up the whole page. Once it takes up the whole page under the play button there should be three tiny symbols- two arrows going in opposite directions, two arrows crossing, and a volume button. If the two arrows crossing is green, click it so it turns white/grey. That should turn shuffle off.

Marked as solution

Hi,
My shuffle sign is grey. But it is still playing in shuffle mode.

Suggested posts