How do you find older history

Solved!

How do you find older history

grooveyardgary
Casual Listener

How do you find older history of artists or albums you played not showing currently in artists or album section of history

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How do you find older history

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @grooveyardgary, sorry for the delay!

I'm afraid it's not possible to view the playback history on your iPhone. I recommend enabling the integration with Last.FM. That way, everything you listen will be saved on Last.FM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care! :)

HuibRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
6 Replies

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @grooveyardgary, thanks for letting me know!

You can view what songs you have listened to in the Desktop app, head into Play Queue and then click on History. Also, I recommend voting for this similar idea. Lastly, you can check out last.fm for more possibilities on saving your listening history. Let me know if there's anything else.

Thanks, take care! :)

HuibRock Star 16

grooveyardgary
Casual Listener

Thanks Huib I have only used Spotify on my iPhone.If I down load the desktop app on my computer will that give me more info as to past history ?

grooveyardgary
Casual Listener

Right now I am trying to find an album I played but not downloaded that Incant remember the artist.Inhad switches phones but it is not showing up in my past artists or albums list.So I am trying to find out how to go back and it’ll the only app I have used is on my iPhone 

Solution!

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @grooveyardgary, sorry for the delay!

I'm afraid it's not possible to view the playback history on your iPhone. I recommend enabling the integration with Last.FM. That way, everything you listen will be saved on Last.FM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care! :)

HuibRock Star 16

Lorincrandall
Regular

Ok, so here's the thing. How can Spotify make my 'year in review' or whatever, list of songs I listened to the most over the last year, if they don't keep a complete history of what I have listened to and how many times I've listened to it?

Frankly, I'm **bleep** near heartborken that I forgot to save a song from last week's Discover Weekly, and pretty sure Spotify likes it that way, otherwise, why wouldn't they let me see the data they so obviously keep??? 

Lorincrandall
Regular

From another angle, it seems impossible for Spotify to compensate Artists based on the number of plays if they don't keep track of the number of plays of their songs, which most likely contains metadata on which users or user accounts played their music. In fact, this could be extraordinarily valuable data for Artists, especially if it shows them where their music is the most popular if there is a geolocation component to the metadata.  I also was able to dig up a somewhat sketchy program that seems to hack your desktop spotify player to access this data. 

Why does Spotfiy willfully keep us from seeing what we have listened too, what possible advantage could be had through this non-sensical process?

SUGGESTED POSTS