Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Open Spotify song link shared via text message in Spotify mobile app and not in Webplayer

How to Open Spotify song link shared via text message in Spotify mobile app and not in Webplayer

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way if possible to open Spotify song links shared via text message  in Spotify mobile app directly. Currently it open the link in Safari on the Spotify website. If this is not already a feature, I think it is a very necessary feature for user-friendliness. It is kind of pain to click through the website to finally open the app then it doesn't even play the song so you have to go and search for it too. Please help me figure this out. Not only for me but to the friends I love sharing songs too!

21 Replies

Thanks for the quick reply! 

That works for a while and I can play several consecutive songs that way, but then for no apparent reason it will redirect me to Safari again and ask me to allow for it to open in the Spotify app again. I´m trying to open songs for from text messages and from QR-codes and the same thing happen in both cases. 

Man almost 3 years and people still having issues with this? I hope it can get resolved in future updates. Glad this thread is still open and helping folks.

Suggested posts