Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change Facebook accounts

How to change Facebook accounts

When I installed Spotify on my iPhone yesterday I linked it to the wrong Facebook account. I can't find a way to change Spotify to now use a different Facebook account (on my iPhone). Any suggestions?
29 Replies

@kcollins613 wrote:

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. I have a facebook account now with the spotify account. However, due to issues, I had to create a new facebook account and I dont want anyone seeing the old one. However, I now have to choose between having two facebooks or not having spotify. I looked it up and it said that it's possible to change the facebook account the profile is hooked up to or to disconnect it from a facebook in general. However that option isnt available when i try it. Is it possible to make a new spotify and transfer the songs or somehow hook it up with the  other facebook? I have a macbook if that makes any difference.Thank you

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to help you migrate over to a new account, since if your current account was created via Facebook it is forever tied to that Facebook account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I didnt have a facebook when I created my spotify account. I linked it to my sisters facebook and am now a premium user.  

I now have a facebook and want to link it to my account so I can share all my music.

Please help.

thanks

Hello, my name is Aurora Rodriguez and when I tried to log in on my computer I reseted my password but as a consequence they gave me a new username as well. I signep up with facebook and my username changed to : auroritamas. My old username was: 12148674414 but I can't log in with it anymore and I wonder if it had been inactivated. With this new username all of my music and friends were lost and I'm wondering If I can get them back. Please.

Thank you.

Hello,

How is it come, that i've changed my facebook account, create new one, create new spotify account and STILL i'm connected to old one (fb acc).
What is more, when i want to disconnected it, in options i see that i can only "connect to facebook account" which drive us to conclusion, that my spotify account is not connected to any fb acc....(when i want to connect it to fb acc I can do it on and on and it doesnt work! it's still disconnected, but in main window i see my old fb acc.....this is crazy!)
I'm helpless and bored.....anyone?

Spoiler
facebook old account new one cant connect

I've changed Facebook accounts and I'd like to disassociate the one attached to spotify and associate my new facebook page. I don't want to lose my subscribtion and playlist

@dzejgo - Is your new Spotify account created using Facebook or do you have a Spotify username for that account?

@1261221713 - If your account was created using Facebook it's not possible to break that link I'm afraid. See this post for more details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter  If I want to log now, im using login and password, when i want to do this by "log in with fb" it doesnt work, but like I said earlier, when im loged in i can see my old fb acc. 😞
greetings

@Peter wrote:
@dzejgo - Is your new Spotify account created using Facebook or do you have a Spotify username for that account?

hello. i did have a spotify accound with the other facebook, but spotify wont let me log in with any other accounts.now what?

@Richard wrote:

Something34523 - I really would not recommend doing this, as it will create a number of problems with your account. Deleting the Facebook account will cause problems with the social connection in Spotify and you'll receive errors in the client. We won't be able to help you fix this.

I've also deleted one of your posts with instructions on how to do this. We'd rather not be overwhelmed by reports of users suddenly complaining their Spotify social isn't working after following these steps. I hope you can appreciate this.

i have this problem. this is a disappointing answer considering that my spotify with fb account i cant linked is a premium account.

Suggested posts