Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to downgrade to older Spotify iOS version

How to downgrade to older Spotify iOS version

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to downgrade to the Spotify iOS version previous to the one just released? I was thinking about becoming a premium user today but after this major app redesign update, I'm questioning about if I should wait to for the app to be usable again or just using another product. The UX / UI needs major re-thinking / some understanding of what was working before. There were plenty of design / ux choices that were working perfectly before.

I'm not quite sure why we had to re-think the wheel here. Generally I am usually on board with the evolution of an app but you can't just go cold turkey on a brand new experience (especially for your viable and potentially viable power users).

Please consider a waterfall method in releasing new features. This redesign is so drastic, I'm questioning if a brand new design team took the keys of a perfectly fine running vehicle and went to town. 

Plan

Free

Country

Device

iPhone 6 Plus

Operating System

iOS 11.0.1 

1 Reply

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no legit way to do that and I don't recommend doing it.

It is the way Spotify has decided to change th UI/UX of it's mobile apps recently.

I have posted some concepts here that I was able to find through the Bèhance network.

If you found this helpful mark it as a solution and drop a like if you want.

Cheers!

Suggested posts