Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get Extreme streaming setting on Spotify app on iPhone 6 Plus

Solved!

How to get Extreme streaming setting on Spotify app on iPhone 6 Plus

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to Spotify Premium for the first time ever and I love it! However, there's a problem...

On my iPhone 6 Plus, under streaming quality in the settings of the spotify app, there's no high or extreme options available! Only Automatic and Normal which is a mere 96kbit/s! Why is this?

I've had a look at the support pages on the Spotify site and there should be high and extreme options availble as shown below:

User-added image

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to fix the problem in the end.

I had BDaySpotify installed in Cydia which is a jailbreak tweak that hacks into an old version of Spotify that enables you to get premium features for free. Unfortunately it was only able to provide Normal or Automatic streaming so as soon as I deleted the tweak it fixed the problem and I now have it as above.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I was able to fix the problem in the end.

I had BDaySpotify installed in Cydia which is a jailbreak tweak that hacks into an old version of Spotify that enables you to get premium features for free. Unfortunately it was only able to provide Normal or Automatic streaming so as soon as I deleted the tweak it fixed the problem and I now have it as above.

Suggested posts