Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to manage music on different devices

Solved!

How to manage music on different devices

My wife and son both have iPhones but want different music than me. Can they remove music from theirs without it affecting mine? And also I can't get music to play in offline mode on theirs. Please help.
Sincerely, Chris.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @thegienger and welcome to the community!

First of all, if everyone wants its own library, you all need a seperate account. You can't share an account with other people, it will stop playing music when another one tries to listen to music at the same time. Actually, it's illegal/not allowed to share a premium account. If your country supports it, look for the family subscription plan.

But if you want to share an account even if it's not allowed, you can create folders on the desktop client for each "library" (folders in folders is possible so perfect for your situation). I don't recommend to do that and would rather suggest that everyone gets its own account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Marked as solution

Hello @thegienger and welcome to the community!

First of all, if everyone wants its own library, you all need a seperate account. You can't share an account with other people, it will stop playing music when another one tries to listen to music at the same time. Actually, it's illegal/not allowed to share a premium account. If your country supports it, look for the family subscription plan.

But if you want to share an account even if it's not allowed, you can create folders on the desktop client for each "library" (folders in folders is possible so perfect for your situation). I don't recommend to do that and would rather suggest that everyone gets its own account.

Suggested posts