Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can only shuffle my playlists on my iPod?

I can only shuffle my playlists on my iPod?

I just downloaded Spotify onto my iPod and used an account that I have synced with several other devices. When I go into any playlist, it will not allow me to tap on and play a specific song in that playlist. It just indicates the Shuffle button, which is the only way it will let me play anything in the playlist. I like shuffling at times, but I also want to be able to play a specific song I have saved. I can do this no problem on my Android device, my PC, and my Mac. Is there a particular setting I need to change?

5 Replies

Hey Missy! Welcome to the community!

That's not right! Could you try to logout and login using the same username and password as on your other devices? Let me know how it works out!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This happened to me as well, on my IPhone 6S. I've tried logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and restarting my device, first just restarting, then a hard reset.  

Hey @Shader8! Thanks for reaching out!

Could you check in 'Your Library > Settings(-gear) > Account' if you're still subscribed to Spotify Premium? Let me know what it says! 🙂

Have a nice weekend!

HuboSpotify Star

@Huib

It says "FREE", but I also retain free subscription on my android and dell PC

Hey @Shader8!

Thanks for that information! Spotify Free on mobile only supports shuffle. Here's some more information about Spotify Free on different devices.  You can upgrade to Spotify Premium on spotify.com/premium!Premium_twitter.png

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts