Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't find the option to upgrade to Premium on my iOS app

Solved!

I can't find the option to upgrade to Premium on my iOS app

29 Replies

So you’re telling me that if I have money on iTunes I can’t use it to upgrade Spotify? I only have gift card no credit/debit 

Yep ! The same as everybody else. I have free subscription but can’t upgrade to premium.  What a shame and the reason I’ll now look for an alternative.

C’mon Spotify! Do you have any idea how much business you are losing by making it so difficult for people to upgrade their accounts? Whoever made the “executive decision” to remove the ability to upgrade within the app is promoting a very poor business model. I guarantee that your growth rate is affected by this. Just because Apple takes a percentage doesn’t mean that you can’t find a technician to figure out how you can still allow people to upgrade to premium from within the app. It really can’t be that hard. Just sayin’.

Apple actually forbids instructing users to pay via a website. Spotify losing customers is by Apple’s design.

Ok so I have a family plan and they put me on it and then all of a sudden they said that I can’t subscribe to it and I legit used Spotify everyday listened to music ever day and I was so happy and now I’m like depressed because I don’t have premium and they won’t let me. Thanks guys.

Marked as solution

Hey! You can subscribe premium on Spotify website. 🙂

Spotify is an **bleep**.

smh Spotify, please AT LEAST REPLY to these questions. We are buying iTunes cards to upgrade for Premium Spotify and don't have the option on our mobile device. Please fix it. Because for the ones who have the cards, we can just go to Apple Music. 

I want to kill myself too because the app does not allow me to upgrade. It’s been months since I’ve been going through this painful experience. Thanks Spotify. You will be sued and have to pay for my funeral. 

Hey @Jamielovestacos,

I take your post very seriously. If you're really thinking about suicide, I recommend getting in touch with the suicide hotline in your country, which you can find the phone number for here. They're there for you and can help you.

Regarding the option of upgrading to Premium in your app, I'm afraid you can only upgrade on the website: spotify.com/premium. But all feedback has been passed on to the right folks.

If you need anything else, just give me a shout.

Thanks, hope you're well.

Huib

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts