Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don’t have access to all of my saved songs because of the new update

I don’t have access to all of my saved songs because of the new update

After I updated my Spotify I didn’t have access to a section or a playlist that had all of my saved songs. I read some other posts about people who had the same problem. They said that if I like the song then it will appear in a favorites playlist. If I look at the options for a song that I saved before the update, it says that I’ve “liked” the song. So it should be saved to my favorites playlist but that playlist is currently empty for me. Please fix this.

Also I’d like to mention that because I don’t use premium, I always used the shuffle all songs feature to play all my saved songs. I think I can say the same for other people who don’t use premium. So again, please fix this, Spotify. 

11 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out! 🙂

That's not cool! Any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before the app was updated can still be found in Your Library. Songs you saved should be in your Favorite Songs playlists. If they don't show up there, could you send over a screenshot of how this playlist looks on your end? I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, have an amazing day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is what my favorites playlist looks like right now.This is what my favorites playlist looks like right now.

These are some of the songs that I’ve saved before I updated. As you can see, it should be saved to my favorites because it’s been “liked”.These are some of the songs that I’ve saved before I updated. As you can see, it should be saved to my favorites because it’s been “liked”.

@Huib thanks for the help!

This happening to me too. It say I only have 20 songs saved. But in reality when I go to desktop player I have close to 7000 songs.

I am also having this problem. It only shows six liked songs on my Favorites Playlist, and these are all songs that I saved individually (not part of an album) prior to the update. All the songs I saved as part of albums (which have green hearts beside them when I view the album) aren’t on the Favorites Playlist at all. As of now I have no way to shuffle all my liked songs. 😞

Hey folks!

Sorry for the delay here! I'd love to dive into this. Could you let me know your Spotify, OS and device versions? Also, a reinstall of the app might help here. Here's how. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.3.1, running Spotify version 8.4.53.689. I was e-mailing back and forth with service reps last night, but nothing really came of it. After deleting and reinstalling Spotify, they tried to revert my song list to a date right before the most recent update and that didn’t help either. All my liked songs are there in the Albums tab, but none of them except for 7 have transferred to the Favorites Playlist since the update.

I have the same phone as you, all of my software is updated, and I’m running a 8.4.53.689 version of Spotify as well. However even after reinstalling the app, none of my songs were saved to the “Favorites” playlist. 

After two days of e-mailing back and forth with Customer Support and trying different things to get all my liked songs to move to the “right” place, I finally got an explanation:

”Keep in mind that any previously saved songs by saving a full album will not show under Favourites, but will appear under Album instead.

Only saved individual tracks are listed under Favourites.”

This is probably your issue as well. Hopefully they change back to the old listening experience, because I find this one to be a little restrictive compared to the last version. 😞 It’s going to take me forever to unlike and relike all the songs saved under Albums, just so that they’ll show up under my Favorites Playlist.

Ohhh thanks so much!!

I am also having this same problem.

I see the post that says only individual tracks saved will show in the Favorites playlist and really that is terrible.

Also, is there a way to like a song on the desktop version?  If i can use that to re-like songs, that would be easier than doing it on my phone.

This is not a solution.  It is an explanation of what happened.

A solution would be to explain how you go about changing the desktop app to mirror what is on the mobile app.

Or giving instructions as to how to change the songs liked on an album to liked individually.

If you can provide that, it would be appreciated.

The desktop app is much better than the mobile app.  Right now the mobile app is unusable and terrible.

Suggested posts