Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have to restart app to refresh list of playlists

Solved!

I have to restart app to refresh list of playlists

Syncing of offline playlists works well for me, but the Spotify app on my iPhone sometimes is really slow to register that I've added new playlists.

I often add a few playlists on my computer that I want to sync offline on my iPhone before heading out. The problem is that these new playlists don't show up on my iPhone app (not soon enough anyway). The only way I have found for Spotify to refresh its list of playlists is to kill the app and restart it. That shouldn't be necessary, should it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just tested this out on my iPhone, a playlist created on the desktop appears almost immediately. Does running a search for a track (or anything which would trigger a query to Spotify) work to make it appear? Thinking the connection might be snoozing if its not being used.  

PEter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Just tested this out on my iPhone, a playlist created on the desktop appears almost immediately. Does running a search for a track (or anything which would trigger a query to Spotify) work to make it appear? Thinking the connection might be snoozing if its not being used.  

PEter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Seems like a snoozing connection was the issue. Running a search makes playlists appear when they don't by themselves. Thanks 🙂

Running a search did not work for me.  I have a playlist in the desktop version that does not show in the iOS version.  This has been a persistent annoyance for a long time.  Many release cycles.

.mjb

I too am still experiencing this issue on iOS.

When I add a track to the playlist from my PC it appears immediately on the phone if the phone is not in sleep mode (i.e. blank screen).

If the phone is in sleep mode and I add a track, then unlock my phone and go to spotify it wont appear. The only way to make it appear is to close spotify from the backgroun and then re-open. it then appears after starting.

Suggested posts