Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Premium won't work on my iPhone

I just got a code for a free30 days Sportfy premium, ive been hearing some mucis on my PC but when downloaded the App to my Iphone it gave me 48 hours and know I can't get it to convert to my primium account. what to do ?

• I just got a code for a free30 days Sportfy premium, ive been hearing some mucis on my PC but when downloaded the App to my Iphone it gave me 48 hours and know I can't get it to convert to my primium...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Undelete a playlist?

While fiddling with my iPod, my son deleted a playlist called "luxo.cache..." Is there any way to get this back? Thank you, DW I have locked this topic now as there is an official playlist recovery thread, found here If you have deleted a playlist, p...

• Casual Listener
  • While fiddling with my iPod, my son deleted a playlist called "luxo.cache..." Is there any way to get this back?   Thank you, DW   I have locked this topic now as there is an o...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist not loading/showing songs when in offline mode

Hi, I've had a quick look through some other posts and may have missed one that is about this so sorry if I have. Basically my iphone 5 won't play my offline spotify playlist unless I have an active internet connection. I have re-downloaded the songs...

• Hi,   I've had a quick look through some other posts and may have missed one that is about this so sorry if I have.   Basically my iphone 5 won't play my offline spotify playlist un...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS update 0.5.8 crashes constantly on iPad

Whenever I'm attempting to add songs or albums to my playlist spotify if constantly crashing out. might get a tracks done, but rarely more than 3 or 4 at a time before it boots me out. not sure what's causing this, but is really beginning to become a...

• Whenever I'm attempting to add songs or albums to my playlist spotify if constantly crashing out. might get a tracks done, but rarely more than 3 or 4 at a time before it boots me out. not sure what'...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • `0.7.2.26
    Crash
    problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline songs on iPhone

Hi! I'm new to Spotify and have a question about listen to albums offline on my iPhone. When I toggle the offline switch for a album that I want to listen to I can then see that the songs begin to download to the device. If I toggle back the switch t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm new to Spotify and have a question about listen to albums offline on my iPhone. When I toggle the offline switch for a album that I want to listen to I can then see that the songs begi...
  • cls2009
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify wont play on my boats stereo

So my family and I go boating (wakeboarding and skiing) quite often and we listen to music on the boat. I recently got spotify and when I plug in my phone to the stereo to play music from spotify, no sound comes out of the speakers. However sound WIL...

• Casual Listener
  • So my family and I go boating (wakeboarding and skiing) quite often and we listen to music on the boat. I recently got spotify and when I plug in my phone to the stereo to play music from spotify, no...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing - Songs play on Macbook but not iPhone

Right. So I've been trawling these forums for weeks trying to find an answer to this. I'm a premium user and have found recently that I am unable to play certain songs on my spotify. I just get a blank slider, the song doesnt start playing at all. Th...

• Visitor
  • Right. So I've been trawling these forums for weeks trying to find an answer to this.  I'm a premium user and have found recently that I am unable to play certain songs on my spotify. I just ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing - Songs play on macbook but not iPhone

Right. So I've been trawling these forums for weeks trying to find an answer to this. I'm a premium user and have found recently that I am unable to play certain songs on my spotify. I just get a blank slider, the song doesnt start playing at all. Th...

• Visitor
  • Right. So I've been trawling these forums for weeks trying to find an answer to this.  I'm a premium user and have found recently that I am unable to play certain songs on my spotify. I just ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing stops on iPhone after 10 gb Storage

Hey Guys, My iPhone stops syncing playlists after it reaches 10 gb of data volume on my storage. Also the orange Icon appears. I didnt find any other posts so hopefully its only my device and not some kind of rule of only allowing 10 gig of offline m...

• Hey Guys, My iPhone stops syncing playlists after it reaches 10 gb of data volume on my storage. Also the orange Icon appears. I didnt find any other posts so hopefully its only my device and n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist syncing

I usually use the Web App when I am listening to music at work. When I add a song to a playlist when will the playlist be updated on my iPhone? Also, the playlist is set to 'Available offline'. Will it automatically download the song when it is on Wi...

• I usually use the Web App when I am listening to music at work. When I add a song to a playlist when will the playlist be updated on my iPhone? Also, the playlist is set to 'Available offline'. Will ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7 Add To Playlist Crushes Spotify App

Hey spotify people, at ios7 (latest beta (6) ) add to playlist function crushes spotify app. The song added to playlist correctly but crushes never a good thing. (at currently latest iPad gen 4.) Good hunting.

• Regular
  • Hey spotify people,    at ios7 (latest beta (6) ) add to playlist function crushes spotify app. The song added to playlist correctly but crushes never a good thing.    (at...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • add to playlist
    bug
    iOS
    iOS7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mercedes Benz Comand

How can I get Spotify playlists and contents to show on Mercedes Benz Comand screen when I have connected my iPhone 4? At present, iTunes playlists appear instead of my Spotify playlists.

• How can I get Spotify playlists and contents to show on Mercedes Benz Comand screen when I have connected my iPhone 4? At present, iTunes playlists appear instead of my Spotify playlists.
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs galore if you want Spotify on your Ipad Please fix or respond!!

so I loaded Spotify on my Ipad. What I never liked about the Ipad is the fact that you cannot troubleshoot. Why is it in offline mode on my Ipad? I don't have the "right click" ability with an Ipad to make it online. I'm reading other posts and I'm s...

• Casual Listener
  • so I loaded Spotify on my Ipad. What I never liked about the Ipad is the fact that you cannot troubleshoot. Why is it in offline mode on my Ipad? I don't have the "right click" ability with an Ipad t...
  • davem21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Battery Drain in 4s iPhone - PLEASE FIX!!

Though I don't want to, I will have to delete the Spotify app on my iPhone. The drain on my battery is substantial and unworkable. I will keep spotify on my PC. I am afraid this app is not ready for prime time yet on mobile devices.

• Casual Listener
  • Though I don't want to, I will have to delete the Spotify app on my iPhone. The drain on my battery is substantial and unworkable. I will keep spotify on my PC. I am afraid this app is not ready f...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No top 100 list on iphone

Hello. Like the desktop version has a top 100 songs so do the iphone app i while ago. But now its gone? Does anyone know where to find it ? Thanks

• Hello.   Like the desktop version has a top 100 songs so do the iphone app i while ago. But now its gone? Does anyone know where to find it ?   Thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't sync my playlists to IPhone

Hi, I'm having trouble syncing my IPhone playlists to Offline Mode. It is not local files but the ones "belonging to Spotify". It works well on my Mac but on my IPhone it stucks on the first song loading and stays there. I've tried it on another IPho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having trouble syncing my IPhone playlists to Offline Mode. It is not local files but the ones "belonging to Spotify". It works well on my Mac but on my IPhone it stucks on the first song l...
  • KYLEADAMS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotlight does not work anymore on my iPad 1 iOS 5

Spotlight does not work anymore on my iPad 1 iOS 5 , after haring downloaded the later version of Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Spotlight does not work anymore on my iPad 1 iOS 5 , after haring downloaded the later version of Spotify
  • Dixke
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Being Replaced When Syncing iPod Touch

I'm experiencing a strange problem, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the situation. Spotify works almost flawlessly on my iPhone. When syncing local files, I just add them to a new playlist, make it "available offline," and they work wit...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm experiencing a strange problem, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the situation. Spotify works almost flawlessly on my iPhone. When syncing local files, I just add them to a new playl...
  • mickeyh2700
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nissan Quest Blue Tooth connecting with iPhone 5 for Spotify

I have a new Nissan Quest. My iphone works with syncing iTunes, however I am trying to get it working with my Spotify Premium App. Can anyone help?

• Regular
  • I have a new Nissan Quest. My iphone works with syncing  iTunes, however I am trying to get it working with my Spotify Premium App.   Can anyone help?
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes