Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

IOS 15

My Question or Issue

After update my phone to ios 15 my spotify auto connect to other device volume setting for example my desktop.

I've try to force close the spotify app but however after some time its still auto connect back the volume ( I've check my background app  spotify was not running ) 

153 Replies

This is STILL happening. Spotify for Windows 1.1.87.612.gf8d110e2 and Apple iOS Spotify version 8.7.38.1353. Premium. 

Spotify is NOT open or running in the background on my phone. In fact I haven't opened spotify since I turned my phone off and on a few days ago. And yet when playing Spotify on my laptop, it's STILL adjusting the volume on my phone to match the volume of the app on my laptop.

Let me repeat this. SPOTIFY IS NOT OPEN ON MY PHONE. IT IS NOT RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND. IT IS NOT MIMINSED IN THE TRAY. IT IS STILL ADJUSTING MY PHONE VOLUME. 

Devices lock screen is off. "Connect to a device" is NOT active because Spotify is NOT RUNNING on my phone at all. 

Are we ever going to actually be listened to? Or are we just going to be dismissed again? I have no idea how many times I've commented in this thread now reporting this issue across updates. 

Bump.  Still unable to use Spotify on my iphone w/ios 15 due to this issue.

Hey Jeremy,

Here's a video about your "EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR".  

Every single night after listening to spotify on my pc I almost wake up my entire family bcs spotify randomly maxed out my iphone xr volume for no reason it annoys me so much that I am considering to cancel my subscription and look for alternatives, I don’t have an apple watch I don’t see any of the settings mentioned above in this conversation, tried everything nothing works unless removing spotify from one of my devices which seems like the only possibility right now, this trash code is really unacceptable for a company like Spotify and I am seriously considering to quit.

iPhone SE
ios 15.2

So, I play music on my PC and for some reason it auto-connects to my iPhone and sets it to max volume.
This will happen randomly even if you don't have spotify open or in the background on your iPhone.

If you turn off background refresh on your iPhone it won't connect fully to the point where you can adjust volume from your phone; however it will still connect for the briefest of moments, allowing your volume to be set to max on your phone.

Now, that tells me something interesting, and probably illegal
It means that even if I do not give spotify any permission or possibility to do anything by having it closed and background app refresh turned off; about once an hour it is actually secretly opening itself up and SCANNING MY WIFI NETWORK FOR OTHER DEVICES.

"Expected behaviour" apparently. 
Yeah... can't think of a reason why it is important for spotify to know what devices are in my household, on my wifi, every hour.

Oh look, there's only one device in this house that can be found through the wifi currently, compared to the previous weeks where multiple devices were found at the exact same time, probably means there's only one person home at the moment.

Works as expected eh?

reply to user kptr and their posted video: that's not the issue at all. you opened spotify there, which connected your devices and synced the audio as it is supposed to. our issue is this device connection, and volume adjustment, is happening WITHOUT opening spotify. without having spotify open at all. you opened spotify in that video, and therefore the devices synced, THAT is the correct behaviour. our issue is NOT that. please do not muddy the waters of the actual issue of this thread. 

Apple Watch slides on my wrist in hot weather. I slide the watch back into position and the volume mutes itself when using the app. It also just randomly turns down. Every time in the car and other minor shifting. During this I am not touching the dial. This issue has been present for several years. It shouldn’t be this sensitive. No other music app does this. 

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

the ios app always sync to the computer when I'm listening on my computer, then the volumn sync cause my iphone volumn reach to the max, even I swiped out the backgroud task, It will sync no matter. Annoying

I have a similar problem: When I start the Spotify app on the iPhone, I set a certain volume. The iPhone then goes into standby mode.

When I change the volume with the Digital Crown on the Apple Watch, it works. But as soon as I lower the watch and lift it again, the original volume can be seen. However, the iPhone continues to play at the volume that I set with the Digital Crown. As soon as I turn the Digital Crown, the volume immediately jumps back to the original volume.

The same thing happens when I change the volume on the volume buttons on the iPhone while it is in standby mode. The volume immediately jumps back to the original volume as soon as I unlock the iPhone.

There was no change when I unpaired and paired the Apple Watch again. Reinstalling the Spotify app also made no difference.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15.6.1, Apple Watch 3, WatchOS 8.7.1

Spotify App Version 8.7.62.409

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

Our tech folks are unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment.

In the meantime, there's this idea about keeping Spotify Connect's audio control separate from the device volume which you should check out and give a like to. Even though the idea is marked as Closed, it's still open for voting and we encourage to show your support if you'd like to see this feature implemented.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How hard it is to fix the problem??? It`s been what 3 years already and you manage to do nothing!!!

Please take this serious!!! I can`t listen spotify at all on my computer because**bleep**!

This is still happening to me. I've had to cancel Spotify Premium since I just can't deal with my phone randomly switching to full volume just because some time ago I was playing music on my computer.

It has not happened to me in years. I'm glad this at least is solved on my side.

@Konigi do you still use both Desktop and iOS mobile apps?

I switched to Apple One and got Apple Music for free basically. Spotify had some good recommendations (Discovery Weekly), but it's all been replaced after using the new service for a bit. I'm not going back just to test and lose the new features gained.

Subscribers should be aware of SongShift as it helps switch your playlists back and forth to ease transitions.

Suggested posts