Solved!

IOS Spotify Widget background black

Plan

Premium

Device

Iphone 12 pro

Operating System

iOS 17

On my home screen, I have a long Spotify widget. Recently, the background of that widget has been black as opposed to the colour of my playlist. I'm not sure why this is and how to get it back to changing according the playlist that is being played. Is anyone else experiencing this issue??

25 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @t_dance01 @ToddiesTunes @corniasf @caileysobased @Taytayswift13 

The Spotify Home Screen widget for iOS now shows color again when Dark Mode is turned on

Make sure to update to the latest version of the iOS app 8.9.26 to see this change

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I will try now and update… Thank you so much for your reply! ✌️

App updated and working like a beauty… Just how it always used too!! 

thank you for telling me and thank you Spotify for listening to your community!!

I wish you all a wonderful life ✌️❤️🙏 

I only had the widget because it was black in dark mode. Is there a way to add an option for what color the background is? 

but i want it black.. now it doesnt match my homescreen…

Hey @happysnoww, @Doremifasola,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

We're seeing a conflict of interest here in this thread, not to worry though! Our calling is to help in any way possible. Although we do not yet have this feature available, it does not mean we don't want it to exist. Head over to our Ideas board and submit your Idea for Widgets to have a selectable color. 

If enough users like your Idea we can forward it to the development team to be reviewed and possibly implemented. 

Cheers!

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts