Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS12 public beta messing with Spotify Connect?

IOS12 public beta messing with Spotify Connect?

Plan

Premium

Country

US 

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12 Public Beta

My Question or Issue

Since I've upgrade my phone to IOS12 Public Beta Spotify Connect doesn't work on any of my devices except between my iPhone and Computer. Previously it was working on my Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap and Denon Receiver. The devices show up in the list but when I select them nothing plays even though my iPhone app shows it is playing. Sometimes when attempting to play to another device from my phone it will just randomly skip through all the songs in the playlist until it hits the end. I also have issues where Spotify will not continue to the next song in the playlist without hitting the next button. This happens randomly when controlling the player directly. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Connectivity issues with iOS 12 have been reported for other devices as well and with several apps or even with the iPhone itself. Even if it is an issue Apple doesn't allow third party apps to be updated to officially support unreleased iOS versions 🙂

The latest Beta claims to have fixed some issues but it's not guranteed. Just check for Public Beta 4 which was released several hours ago. Maybe you may be interested in joining Spotify Beta program too 🙂

Hope it helps!

Hey Loxer,

I appreciate the response. I've update to public beta 4 with no luck. I've also reinstalled Spotify and everything seems to be behaving the same way. What is strange is I can ask the Echo to play Spotify and it never does. It almost seems like the iPhone is still controlling it. 

As for the Spotify Beta program I'm not exactly sure. I have a friend that got put into that and to be honest I'm not a fan of the new UI. 

Suggested posts