Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iphone issues

iphone issues

Hi

I have had itunes for ages with various playlists saved.

fairly new to spotify

On my laptop i opened both and could see my playlists in spotify and was able to see play and download the playlists through spotify

however when i am on my iphone in spotify. In playlists i can see "itunes playlists" tab.

when i open it i can see the playlists. but when i go into them, they show no tracks and I cant play them (even if i downloaded them on spotify on my laptop). all it will let me do is add other tracks to the play lists.

How can i play my itunes playlists on spotify on my iphone?

1 Reply

Hey @lucybill2, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

To add your local files to Spotify just go to Settings and find Local Files section. If the songs aren't on those 2 locations offered there you can click on Add Source and add the location you have put them on.

Navigate on the left sidebar in Local Files and select them all (CTRL+A for Windows and Command+A for Mac). Right click on any song and select Add to Playlist>New Playlist. 

Now that playlist should be synced to your phone but you will need to enable the Download option in order for those local songs to sync to your phone too. Just enter that playlist in Your Library inside the Playlists section and you will find the Download option in the top right …

You can also refer to this FAQ for more info on Local Files 🙂

Note: Files or downloads from illegal sources are not permitted.

Spotify supports the following file types: 

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts