Announcements

IPad version updates

IPad version updates

When are you going to update the ipad version to get all the iphone/android features? I'm looking forward getting "My music" onthe ipad...
16 Replies

Re: IPad version updates

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

The iOS developers are currently working on a new iPad version. There is currently no more information available to the public about it. It should hopefully come soon.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Roadie

@jeremygoh wrote:
There are many threads about this issue:

TLDR: It's in the pipeline.

Have there actually been any official replies from Spotify saying that an iPad update is actually being developed? I've not found one and people who contact Spotify support are being told that there are "no plans" for an iPad update, which would be a strange thing to say if one is being developed.

Music Fan
I agree with StephenR - if you actually track through the comments, the message seems to have changed now from "we're working in it, just no timeframe" to "we have no plans"...

Community Legend

@BeeCee wrote:
I agree with StephenR - if you actually track through the comments, the message seems to have changed now from "we're working in it, just no timeframe" to "we have no plans"...

Considering Spotify intentionally changed their model for Spotify on the iPad to behave like the desktop version, implying they are paying attention to it, I severely doubt they are discontinuing support for it.

Spotify on the iPad is a completely different design to Spotify on the iPhone. It's understandable that they couldn't rush out an update for the new design to the iPad straight away.

Yes, it's likely they have resourcing troubles, but I'm just seeing this as they had to prioritise which updates were more important.

Music Fan
Hope so! Messaging such an intention doesn't take many resources though!

Community Legend

@BeeCee wrote:
Hope so! Messaging such an intention doesn't take many resources though!

Better to stay quiet then deliver in the end, rather than shout out loud what you're working on, have something go wrong which induces delays, and further lets down customer's hopes.

Music Fan

Except from the threads on this the developers aren't staying quiet - they are actively responding stating they don't have any plans for an update!

Music Fan
why are you crying so much? It is just a company and they changed their system and they will never do anything for ipad (THEY SAID it isn't rumour).
we have to show respect and if you don't like you can give up.
Unfortunately beats music is not available in my country so i use deezer and it is very similar and good. there is only one problem: moving playlists from spotify to there. but now i use a good app and their support team answer ASAP.
SUGGESTED POSTS