Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IPad version updates

IPad version updates

When are you going to update the ipad version to get all the iphone/android features? I'm looking forward getting "My music" onthe ipad...
16 Replies

The iOS developers are currently working on a new iPad version. There is currently no more information available to the public about it. It should hopefully come soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@jeremygoh wrote:
There are many threads about this issue:

TLDR: It's in the pipeline.

Have there actually been any official replies from Spotify saying that an iPad update is actually being developed? I've not found one and people who contact Spotify support are being told that there are "no plans" for an iPad update, which would be a strange thing to say if one is being developed.

I agree with StephenR - if you actually track through the comments, the message seems to have changed now from "we're working in it, just no timeframe" to "we have no plans"...

@BeeCee wrote:
I agree with StephenR - if you actually track through the comments, the message seems to have changed now from "we're working in it, just no timeframe" to "we have no plans"...

Considering Spotify intentionally changed their model for Spotify on the iPad to behave like the desktop version, implying they are paying attention to it, I severely doubt they are discontinuing support for it.

Spotify on the iPad is a completely different design to Spotify on the iPhone. It's understandable that they couldn't rush out an update for the new design to the iPad straight away.

Yes, it's likely they have resourcing troubles, but I'm just seeing this as they had to prioritise which updates were more important.

Hope so! Messaging such an intention doesn't take many resources though!

@BeeCee wrote:
Hope so! Messaging such an intention doesn't take many resources though!

Better to stay quiet then deliver in the end, rather than shout out loud what you're working on, have something go wrong which induces delays, and further lets down customer's hopes.

Except from the threads on this the developers aren't staying quiet - they are actively responding stating they don't have any plans for an update!

why are you crying so much? It is just a company and they changed their system and they will never do anything for ipad (THEY SAID it isn't rumour).
we have to show respect and if you don't like you can give up.
Unfortunately beats music is not available in my country so i use deezer and it is very similar and good. there is only one problem: moving playlists from spotify to there. but now i use a good app and their support team answer ASAP.

Just posting to share my frustration about the lack of a my music option on the iPad. My iPad is my living room remote. Call me old fashioned but I still love playing albums. How hard can it be when the wanted feature is already available on the iPhone?

why are you crying so much? It is just a company and they changed their system and they will never do anything for ipad (THEY SAID it isn't rumour).
we have to show respect and if you don't like you can give up.
-------
Not sure who that's directed to, but as this is he support forum run by Spotify, it seems they are inviting user comment (indeed suggesting they want it) and indicating they may alter their approach in light of it. Also, if you are put off by such comment ("crying so much") it seems off you would read the forum?

There are a lot of threads about iPad app update and i am sure that spotify developers don't listen customers. They don't have any plan. Briefly iPad users have to use 2 years old app or they can find another app. Spotify won't change, this forum just a meeting point for spotify users. They can't even answer. 3-4 months is a long time for "your music update"

@BeeCee wrote:

Except from the threads on this the developers aren't staying quiet - they are actively responding stating they don't have any plans for an update!

Where have they said that?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Your-music-not-in-ipad-version/td-p/...

Recent update from support. Not good news at all.

Received this morning. Any suggestions for alternative services ? I miss Mog!

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Your-music-not-in-ipad-version/td-p/...

I tweeted to @SpotifyCares about this for a second time this weekend:

"Why does @spotifycares keep ignoring ipad users dissatisfaction with its product? bit.ly/1qor76T #GiveUsAnUpdate #SpoitfySucksonIpad"

And got the most lame response I've had on this subject yet:
"@<snip>Thanks for the feedback. We've no timeframe as yet, check here for any announcements: spoti.fi/1jRAA18 /Z"

Try Rdio. Nice Design, nice Features, Same Features on all devices and yesterday updated (believe it or not: iPad App too!)

Rdio is excellent if you don't care about speed/responsiveness and a slightly smaller catalog. Google Play Music is good but on mobile is a data hog (and it's not fast at all).

Suggested posts