Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invisible filter search text

Invisible filter search text

Since a few updates, I am experiencing the following behavior on Spotify on iOS, running on an iPhone 6S:

1. Go to a list of songs (my own Songs list for instance)

2. Scroll down to show the filter text input area

3. Click the area to type some text

Observed result: the keyboard appears, but no text cursor is visible. Typing text using the keyboard actually filters the contents of the playlist, but the types text is invisible; only the textbox is visible with a black background.

Expected result: the text cursor should be visible, along with the text as I type.

This is being reproduced on my Spotify 8.4.92.1055, but it goes away after I kill the app and reopen it. I have not figured out how to get into that situation yet (thus my scenario is missing some initial steps) but it keeps coming back reather quickly.

Again, this does not affect the filter feature, the issue is only a problem of display of the filter text box.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts