Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ios 7 volume crash

Solved!

Ios 7 volume crash

Whenever I try to turn the volume up or down the app crashes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, so it could be a version issue. If anyone's still getting this problem, let us know what version of Spotify you're using on iOS from Spotify > Settings > About.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

Only for Spotify or have you tried on another app as well?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Only for spotify

Doing the same thing for me: iOS7 + spotify premium = frustration!

Every time touch volume it crashes.

Every time I turn the volume up or down while playing a song, the app crash.
I got premium, and it started happening after i updated my iPhone to iOS7 earlier today

same for me

@Plexandie - I've moved your post into this thread so we can keep similar problems together, especially as this could be something we need to look into.

Did any of you experiencing this have the iOS 7 beta before the public release? What devices and versions of Spotify are you using?

I just updated to the most recent version (wasn't showing up in the App Store the past 2 days for me). This fixed the problem.
Marked as solution

Ok, so it could be a version issue. If anyone's still getting this problem, let us know what version of Spotify you're using on iOS from Spotify > Settings > About.

same problem. version 0.7.1.23. can't find any spotify updates in the App Store.

@dresief wrote:
same problem. version 0.7.1.23. can't find any spotify updates in the App Store.

Are you using iOS 7?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is happening to me to.  

Everytime I hit Volume up or down (even on my headphones volume bar) it shuts down.

When I reload it automatically loads into DISCOVERY tab.

running ios7 on iphone5

For everyone - I think I found a fix:

Went into the APP STORE and went to Spotify.  Clicked on the OPEN+ icon.  It seemed to load something (circle rotated like it was downloading something).

Then went to homepage.  Clicked on app --- VOILA!  Volume works fine now and no crashes.

Also - I checked and had the latest version of the app before I did this.  So its just a weird bug - but easily fixed.

Seems to be fixed by updating to latest spotify version (coudn't see this the other day). Thanks Adam!

Thanks! This has been really annoying me ever since ios7 - this worked !! Yayy

problem persists

iphone5 uptodate

spotify 0.9.0.8 updated yesterday

please help, its totally annoying! thanks!

Hi @tini123 . What version of iOS are you using? Could you try resetting your phone by by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the Home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time then reinstall the app if the problem persists.

I was so hesitant to switch to ios7 and finally did yesterday. I have the same problem! I also have 0.7.1.23

@user-removed - Can you try restarting the device as @Joe mentioned above? This issue was meant to be fixed already on iOS 7.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts