Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone does not sync to offline

Iphone does not sync to offline

Hi everybody,

so i know how to snyc songs to the offline mode but since a week it doesnt work.

i push the offline button in the spotify app (ios) and it looks after he is really downloading and syncing and all that stuff ("1 of 21 synched") but nothing happens.

please help me

13 Replies

Hi,

Have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? Are you connected through Wifi or 2/3/4G lte? If it is through 2G then it will be very slow as 2G is just very slow. It's best to sync over wifi.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

hi,

yes im connected to my wifi. im a bit scared off to uninstall it because all my playlists wouldnt be there and wouldnt be synched and if the problem continues i cant synch any of them. another idea?

Hi,

If you reinstall Spotify, your playlists will be exactly the same as they were before as your playlist information is stored in the cloud, however it would remove your offline files.

Force reboot your phone (hold home and power button for 10 seconds)? Make sure you leave Spotify in the foreground when you sync, and that it is not in offline mode.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I've got the same problem. I tried resetting my iPhone 4S, then tried signing out of the app, shutting down the app, and then resetting my phone, which did synch a few tracks, but then it suddenly stopped. I then did the sign out+shutdown+reset thing again, but the problem persists, and there seems to be no solution. This started in late March or early April, I'm not sure, really. 

I am facing the same issue. I belive it might be related to a recent update of the app.

I'm having the same problem. It starts to sync, but the the songs never actually sync. The loading sign just keeps twirling for the first song I the playlist no matter how long I let it load. I have tried logging out, and even deleting and reinstalling the app. Nothing seems to work. When trying to put them in offline mode on my computer, it seems to work just fine, so there seems to be no reason that it wouldn't work for my iPhone as well.

Same problem here. Paying for Premium service and getting stuck without the main feature kinda sucks -a lot!

The same here, paying premium and dosent work in two devices.

please help

@IGNASIFL wrote:

The same here, paying premium and dosent work in two devices.

please help

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

How much free space do you have on your device? 

Spotify won't sync anything unless you have at least 500MB - 1GB of free space. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have synced PLENTY of music in the past with less than 500mb of space and even just synced some tracks with less than that, but once again it just stops syncing and swirls around. I have about 200mb of free space and wouldn't you think it would give some kind of "not enough free space" message instead of just syncing some songs but just stopping on a random one? I have signed out and signed back in, deleted and re-added, and restarted my phone, and it synced a few more and then stopped again and just swirls. This is one of the main features I use on spotify and if I really cant sync music with less than 500mb then I'm going to reconsider my subscription because I do not have a phone with a whole lot of memory and this app used to work fine.

I am having this problem as well. i am on wifi and it is sitting htere still syncing track 1 of 93. Has been this way for several days now. Need support from a mod!!!

@wkaplan33 wrote:

I am having this problem as well. i am on wifi and it is sitting htere still syncing track 1 of 93. Has been this way for several days now. Need support from a mod!!!

Do you have enough storage space free on your iPhone like described previously? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That solved the problem thakyou

Suggested posts