Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

My device (an iPhone 4) use to appear in my devices fine, but I have change to an iPhone 5s and now it won't recognise it. I've tried what spotify have suggested, which was to switch the computer off and on again, and my phone, but it still isn't working. Any help?

9 Replies

Can you try temporarily disabling any firewall, antivirus and other security programmes on your PC then restart your iphone. It also helps if UPnP is enabled in your router settings.

I've tried this but neither of those things are working. Even when I plug my phone in it still won't recognise it.

This might sound weird, but are you definitely logged into the same account on both devices?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah definitely, I thought that myself but I'm signed in through Facebook so I definitely am

What operating system is your computer running and do you have any security/firewall software installed (even if disabled)?

Peter

Windows 7, the firewall I have is ZoneAlarm and the anti virus is SUPERanti spyware.

Is ZoneAlarm completely disabled when you are tryng to sync (and does it have built in rules to allow traffic on port 4070?)

Peter

I did notice recently that Mcafee firewall has blocked device syncing for me.  It started, as far as I know, a couple weeks ago. It may or may not be related to OP's problem, but I do wonder if spotify changed something under the hood- maybe the port it uses to sync or something.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'll try completely disabling ZoneAlarm

Suggested posts