Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing Local FIles Malfunction

Syncing Local FIles Malfunction

When adding local files to a playlist on my Mac, and then checking that playlist for Offline Sync, my iPhone is not receiving all local files correctly. 

They do appear in the playlist on my iPhone, however they are not playable. When I try to play them, it asks me to to sync files.

How do I solve this issue?

9 Replies

Have you synced them over to your iPhone using the same WiFi network as outlined on the help page

You need to be able to see your iPhone listed under "Devices" in the desktop client for local files to sync. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, they are both on the same Wifi network, and yes the phone appears in the devices list.

Again, the tracks ARE listed in the playlist, but are not actually there because when I press one to play it, it tells me to Sync using Sync instructions.

Some tracks sync, while others are not. 

It seems like a technical issue that I'm not sure how to solve. 

I am having the EXACT same problem, only 4 or 5 out of 22 are syncing so I can listen offline even though I can see them- rather than showing a green coloured arrow (which is what I see when they are synced) they show a grey colour and wont sync!!

Just to confirm, do you guys have at least 1GB+ of free storage space on your devices?

Peter

Sorted!!!! Yes that was in fact my issue, I had insufficient GB on my iphone! 

Thanks so much though 🙂

I have more than 5 gigs free available.

Do you have any firewalls running at all? If so can you disable them and see if that makes any difference?

Peter

There is no firewall. It will successfully sync be wings but the ones that appear on the list on my iPhone and have bit been successfully synced are remaining that way

Suggested posts