Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Iphone - spotify pauses and keeps playing when locking screen on or off

Iphone - spotify pauses and keeps playing when locking screen on or off

I’ve recently encountered an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone. Whenever I lock or unlock the screen while music is playing, the audio briefly pauses for about a second before resuming. This problem only started happening recently. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?
Thank you for your help!

Plan

Premium

Country

Türkiye- Turkey

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(Ios 18) 

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Ja it is

Me too. If it very disruptive while using car play as well. If you lift your phone the audio changes to the iPhone quality audio but through my vehicles speakers.

same for AirPods. Locking my phone pauses it for a split second and tapping my screen to wake up the phone pauses it as well.

Iv had spotify premium (through Vodafone) for about 5 years.. no issues!

This stopped so I paid up front for a year and everything has ran seamlessly apart from when I pause.. and lock my phone it continues playing. Constantly!

Also when I ‘lock’ the screen or open the phone up when something is playing, it ‘pauses’ the music for a tiny moment before carrying on! Not the most annoying bugbear this one but they’ve both started happening since renewing!

Any help would be amazing as it’s so frustrating!! Thanks guys!

Hey!

@sengin IndigoCardwrote:

I’ve recently encountered an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone. Whenever I lock or unlock the screen while music is playing, the audio briefly pauses for about a second before resuming. This problem only started happening recently. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?
Thank you for your help!

Plan

Premium

Country

Türkiye- Turkey

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(Ios 18) 

My Question or Issue

To fix Spotify audio pausing on your iPhone, try force closing the app, updating it, checking settings, restarting your phone, or reinstalling Spotify.

Suggested posts