Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ipod Touch doensn't work anymore with Spotify. Why?

Solved!

Ipod Touch doensn't work anymore with Spotify. Why?

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Ipod Touch (Model MC086PY)

Operating SystemI

IOS 4.2.1 (8C148)

My Question or Issue

In my Yoga Center I've been using Spotify Premium since 2013 on my Ipod Touch that is plugged to a music tower. It always worked perfectly by wifi, without any problem in the last seven years. But few months ago it stopped working because the new Spotify App doesnt work with this model of Ipod. The Ipod is new, I've only used it for this, and always worked fine. I dont think the answer is to buy a new IPOD apparel. Could anyone explain to me how I can continue using my Ipod Touch with Spotify the way I have been using it until now?  Installing an older version of Spotify App maybe?  Or maybe copying music from Spotify in my laptop to the Ipod? Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sandunguero,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Spotify app is supported on iOS devices running iOS 12 or later. Based on what you provided, your iPod Touch isn't compatible with the Spotify app. 

There is some more information about the system requirements here

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @sandunguero, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

It's not possible to install older versions of the Spotify app. Can you let me know what iPod Touch model you have at the moment, as well as the software version? You can find this by going to Settings > General > About. 

I am looking out for your reply! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you for your answe Billy.
The Ipod Model: MC086PY
The Software Version: 4.2.1 (8C148)

Thanks. Regards.
Marked as solution

Hey @sandunguero,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Spotify app is supported on iOS devices running iOS 12 or later. Based on what you provided, your iPod Touch isn't compatible with the Spotify app. 

There is some more information about the system requirements here

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Planned obsolescence.
Thanks anyway.
Regards.

It's really discouraging how these companies promote the generation of electronic garbage. The cost of having the Spotify app running in older versions of iOS is marginal. And you are forcing/encouraging people to generate electronic garbage. 

That's not really a solution.The ability to revert back to an earlier version of the app that works with the iPod would be a solution.

Suggested posts