Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is the Lyrics feature available in the desktop app?

Solved!

Is the Lyrics feature available in the desktop app?

I use to have the lyrics in my iphone everytime i play my songs. I recently installed the Spotify app in my laptop and when I use it, I don't see the lyrics anymore when I play my songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @chixies, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

If you'd like to see lyrics come back to the desktop app, check out this idea:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Music-Please-bring-back-the-Lyrics-Feature/idi-p...

Let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey chixies, there isn't a way to see lyrics on the desktop app.

Mobile users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via the partnership with Genius.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press Accept as Solution and Like button.

Marked as solution

Hey @chixies, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

If you'd like to see lyrics come back to the desktop app, check out this idea:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Music-Please-bring-back-the-Lyrics-Feature/idi-p...

Let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

This sucks **bleep**

Right now Musixmatch provides an excellent lyrics desktop application. Check it out here:https://about.musixmatch.com/apps/. I'm not sure when this link expires or when they might stop this feature as before. It's better always to do a google search for Musixmatch if this link expires. I'm using this on debian 9(Stretch). I haven't tested it on any other linux distros, windows or any other operating system.

Musixmatch.png

I dropped Google Play music for Spotify because of a number of reasons. Lyrics was the main one. They have lyrics access.  As a paid subscriber, it's pretty bunk to not have that option any longer.

same here

I agree.  Spotify should have kept the ability for users to see lyrics.  What a waste.  Back to Apple Music I go.

As of right now there is not a lyric feature available in the desktop app but you can request that Spotify adds this by going to community.spotify.com and selecting menu, ideas and idea submissions. I hope this helped!

Hey! Currently, desktop version doesn’t have Lyrics feature. 

You may suggest this idea on the community. Thank you!

Even Spotify mobile app doesn't fully support lyric feature.

It cooperate with Genius app, that have "behind the song" which I think is useless.

Can we at least have a fully support lyric features on both mobile and windows version.

I complain this months ago, and they haven't done anything to it.

Seems like im gonna go back to apple music

All we see these days, requests for a changes or basic functionality and nothing..... subscribed for years, feel like they are just not listening to users any more.

To display available song lyrics of the current track playing on your windows Spotify Desktop App, check out Musixmatch. Here is the link to download the windows Musixmatch app: Enjoy!👍

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/musixmatch-lyrics-sing-along-spotify-itunes-windows-media-player/9...

Display available song lyrics of the current track playing on your windows Spotify Desktop App, check out Musixmatch. Here is the link to download the windows Musixmatch app: Enjoy!👍

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/musixmatch-lyrics-sing-along-spotify-itunes-windows-media-player/9...

Everbody knows that there are other apps such as Musixmatch or Shazam where you can get the lyrics of the songs. What we are talking here is that we are paying for a Streaming music service and the direct competition provides this feature (even videos). Spotify, it’s time to hear the clients.

musixmatch dont work for me i connect to spotify and nothing 

i try contact support but they dont response ... 

usseles company (musixmatch)

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts