Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with Shuffle using in-car Bluetooth controls (Subaru Forester)

Issue with Shuffle using in-car Bluetooth controls (Subaru Forester)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

I have a 2018 Subaru Forester Premium (no CarPlay) and I can no longer use the in-car buttons for shuffle and repeat in tandem with Spotify.

I have confirmed this issue is localized only to the spotify app on iOS as I have tested an android phone with spotify and it works fine; moreover I have reproduced the issue using another friends iPhone 8 with spotify.

Furthermore, spotify is the only music app on both our phones where the shuffle/repeat buttons have no effect.

Lastly, this issue only happened in the last 6 months or so, I believe that an update may have broken the apps receptivity to commands from external devices via Bluetooth; I had hoped a fix would have come out that’s why I’m writing this error report now.

Thank you

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts