Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with playing Online and Offline music when signed on 2 devices

Solved!

Issue with playing Online and Offline music when signed on 2 devices

I have a Premium account signed on 2 iPhones, when I try playing online or even offline music on both at the same time, it shows a message saying that I am controlling the other device, I tried to remove all devices and add them back on, same happens despite having only 2 devices.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, I know these facts. 3 devices allowed doesn't mean 3 different persons, it's meant to be for phone, tablet and computer (or 2 phones/1 computer etc, but why should a single person listen to 2 devices at the same time?!). Anyways, if you enable offline mode in your app settings, you can stream on different devices at the same time. But keep in mind that it is officially not allowed

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @Sabaday and welcome to the community!

Yes that's true and not a bug. It's to make sure that only one person uses the premium account. Sharing premium accounts is actually not allowed.

Hi Carina, I mentioned in my post that this happens even if trying to play offline on bith devices, thought I am allowed up to 3 devices offline:
Spotify can be installed on as many devices as you like. And up to 3,333 songs can be synced for offline listening on up to three devices at a time. However, you can only stream music on one device at a time. If you begin playback on another device, the playback on your current device will be paused.
Marked as solution

Yes, I know these facts. 3 devices allowed doesn't mean 3 different persons, it's meant to be for phone, tablet and computer (or 2 phones/1 computer etc, but why should a single person listen to 2 devices at the same time?!). Anyways, if you enable offline mode in your app settings, you can stream on different devices at the same time. But keep in mind that it is officially not allowed

If you want to listen to one device offline whilst using another, you need to force the offline device into full offline mode from the Settings menu as mentioned above. That should do the trick!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts