Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 15.5

App Version 

I updated the app today and every time I scroll down and press and album or playlist when I go back it jumps to the top of the main page. Example I scrolled down to recommend for today which was at the bottom and selected an album, didn’t like the look of it so pressed back and it auto scrolled back to the top good evening section. 

I have cleared cache etc but it still persists. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

We have made some changes backstage and this should be behaving itself now.
Look for a new Spotify update and let us know if the issue persists after installing it! 🙂
Thanks & cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Hi @SpecialPatrolGroup!

I was unable to reproduce this on my android phone, so it could be an iOS related issue. Could you try logging in to another device (preferably with a different operating system if possible) to see if you'd experience the same behavior there? A friend's or a relative's phone should do the trick.

If you haven't already, try reinstalling the app by following the steps here. In case the issue persists, a short screen recording which captures this behavior would be greatly appreciated.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have the same problem. If I press an album or playlist and then go back it jumps to the top. I have an iPhone 12. 

I tried a reinstall but still the same and also checked my android tablet but that seems fine. Could not upload a screen recording as it will not accept MOV files and the converted file is above the 5mb limit. 

Hey @marwin & @SpecialPatrolGroup,

Thank you for letting us know!
In order for us to continue troubleshooting this, we'd appreciate a screen recording as well.
Such a recording can be uploaded to Google Drive / YouTube etc. and you can share a link here 🙂
Just make sure it's viewable (not private) upon sharing a link to it.

Many thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @SpecialPatrolGroup,

Thanks for your reply. 

We're afraid we couldn't open the video you sent. Could you try it again? You can attach it to your next reply by tapping on the camera icon in the post editor or upload it to Google Drive / YouTube.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hopefully this one works. 

Link to screen recording  

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sending us this info. 

@SpecialPatrolGroup, we couldn't open the video because it's set to private. Could you make it public? We'll take a closer look. 

@marwin, we're afraid we couldn't open the video because of security reasons. On another note, could you let us know the exact operating system and Spotify version of your iPhone?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Iphone 12

ios 15.5 (19F77)

Spotify 8.7.46.1648

Screen recording attached. 

Hi @marwin and @SpecialPatrolGroup,

Thanks for the screen recordings!

Could you try switching to Mobile data to see if you'd experience the same behavior? You can also try the following as they trigger an internal refresh of the app:

• Log out and sign back in twice in a row.
  • Activate Offline Mode, Reboot your phone, then deactivate Offline Mode and reboot your phone once again.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Bit of an odd way to try and fix something lol.

anyway it worked, thanks 👍

I tried both solutions and none of them worked. Activating offline mode and reboot seemed to work at first, but after I clicked a few playlists the problem was back.

Worth to mention is that if I just restart the app it works as normal in the beginning but after a few clicks it starts jumping again. 

Just had it jump back again after working for most of the day. So annoying!!

Hi folks, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if the same happens with a different account?

On another note, it's a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure that you've also turned on Background App Refresh for Spotify. This can be done in your phone's Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Spotify.

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator

The app was updated to version 8.7.50.416 the other day and now it doesn't jump to the top every time I go back from a playlist. Now it's ~20-30 click between the jumps.

Background refresh is turned on.

I will ask a friend to log in on my phone. Will return with the result.

Tried everything suggested so far and it’s still the same even after the lasted update. 

Suggested posts