Premium

Country

USA/IT

Device

iPhone Xs Max

Operating System

iOS 13.0

My Question or Issue

The design focus of the June update appears to have been to bury as much content as possible with no clear way to access it without searching. Recently played, while not gone, is now on the home page in sideways-scrolling album art, making it significantly more time consuming (and really annoying) to find the thing that you want, not to mention that Home doesn’t work offline, effectively disabling recently played offline entirely. Additionally, not only has the quick scrolling to first letter bar been removed from the side of albums, but the list also no longer includes partially saved albums. Also, there’s no way to view music by anything other than artist, album, or playlist? Frankly, what the **bleep**? The list goes on. 

TL;DR: Spotify’s UX team has apparently never actually had to use this update. 

5 Replies

On top of that, only a fraction of the albums and artists I have saved show up under their spots in the library screen. I have over 2k saved songs on Spotify but they make me want to switch to Apple Music with how each update is worse than the last. Not to mention the issue of downloaded music u downloading on its own so at any given moment I have a mass of my songs that are unplayable offline because Spotify decides what I do and don’t want downloaded. Absolutely garbage. 

Exactly. This update literally removes features that iTunes had at launch in 2001. It makes absolutely no sense and if they don’t roll it back I will absolutely switch to apple music. 

And has anyone realized that when you like a whole album with the heart in the upper right hand corner of the albums page the songs don’t appear in your liked songs playlist! You have to go through the songs and individually add them to your library! How **bleep**ing moronic! Everything about this update is terrible, it’s time to switch to Apple Music. Good job Spotify, you just lost a loyal customer because of tone deaf and stupid user interface issues that never should’ve become a problem. Spotify used to be the best streaming app because of how easy it was to use and discover new artists, now it’s unintuitive and hides new artists and only promotes those who pay them the most, a truly sad time in music history. 

on iOS. Only one of my hundreds of liked artists are showing up in the new "Your Library" page, and several of my liked albums are missing. I didn't even update the **bleep** app, it just decided to change one day. Spotify, please revert to the previous version. This is terrible.

Totally agree mate!

I am realling trying to get used to the new UX and like it - but Spotify is making me having a harding time in doing so.

In short: the new UX is **bleep** and so inconsistent with e.g. the web player.

I was super confused about not being able to remove songs from this smart playlist "Liked songs".

Until I found you don't only need to unlike the album but every single song - what the heck?!

Suggested posts