Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Solved!

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

115 Replies

Hey bpaluzzi, Did you get the latest update which removed the delete offline playlist function from the app? I will try this and report back if I get any problems. If it still occurs then I will be joining you in cancelling my subscription.

Hi my name is bpalluzi and i like to whine about things im not being forced to use, kbye.

Yes, have that on both iOS devices now.  Before the update, my problem was "kind of" solved -- if I kept iCloud backup disabled, I wasn't seeing the offline playlists being deleted.  Now, on the other hand, it's awful.  Every time I restart the app (on either the iPad or iPhone), it wipes all offline playlists.  Consistently.  It's much worse now than it was before the update.

Add in the fact that the iPad app removed the ability to bulk assign playlists for offline sync (you need to open each playlist individually, then do two additional clicks to set it for offline sync), and it's an altogether frustrating experience.

Can't believe they've managed to screw this up so badly.  But hey, at least they have a partnership with Coke.  They know what's truly important 😉

--
http://www.outsideroyalty.com

Updated the iPhone app to solve this problem. The very next time I open Spotify, it says I have offline playlists on more than three devices. Untrue. Then it deleted all my music ...

Meegulls – some of us are having genuine problems with a service we are paying to use. If you're not having this issue, great. But then why are you even in this thread?

@ondrae wrote:

Updated the iPhone app to solve this problem. The very next time I open Spotify, it says I have offline playlists on more than three devices. Untrue. Then it deleted all my music ...

I experienced exactly the same behaviour when I updated too.

Same Problem, all Offline Playlists are gone. Need to fix this or i don't see the point anymore having the premium...and its really annoying to download like 600 Tracks every morning..

@meegulls

I do love a **bleep**ty little troll. There isn't any other reasonable streaming service in the UK until we get MOG. So **bleep** back off under your rock and shout in a tiny wee voice.

Sorry for the delay in update but the issue outlined here should have been fixed a couple of weeks ago. If you're still seeing this, trying clearing your cache. If that doesn't help, ping this thread and we'll take a closer look at your account.

I think my issue has been solved, haven't had that problem in a couple of weeks, although the cache is a bit odd, with some elements being shown instantly and others having to wait. 

Rorey, how do I clear the iOS app cache?

He there, 

I still keep having problems with syncing and I start to wonder if I just don't get it. 

When does my phone start with syncing? When I start to play songs, and when there played, the song is synced? Or should it just start right away, like it works on my computer, where the songs have automatically been synced after I switched the offline button?

For some reason it kinda looks as if songs are being synced, and then after a random (I think random) period are being unsynced. It looks like there is no pattern in this mess.

Hopefully you can have a look at my (personal) problem, since it's a bit different then the most problems here that concern a message about having Spotify on three devices, which I don't have.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Lode, which version of the iPhone app are you using? The random desycning should have been fixed in the latest release - 0.5.0.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hey Richard,

I'm using that version. Now I come to think about it, it might have something to do with my service contract, which is prepaid.
But then still the songs don't sync automatically, but only after I've played them. Is that how it should work than?

If that's the case, then I probably have to be patient, because I have the feeling the synced songs are staying synced since the new version update.

Regards

You shouldn't have to play the songs to get them to sync, no.

Are you syncing over wifi or 3G? And what quality sync option do you have selected?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I sync over 3G and use extreme quality (since today, before it was high).

Where can I view in Spotify how many and which machines are authorized and how can I deathorize each manually?

Gene

Actually that's a really good point. I don't think you can see it anywhere. I know Apple and Dropbox have these features but I think for spotify it's not available. Unless its in your account settings when you log in on the web. But I am certain it's not in the desktop application itself.

We need something like this.

U CANT do it from the application for sure but I am not even sure if you can do it from the website when you log in as yourself!

Sucks

I think it's a case of last one in, first one out. If you have 3 devices already set up as offline, then adding a 4th is possible. UNTIL you go online with any of the other 3. At which point you get a message on the earlier device that's going online that you reached your limit... And all offline music is wiped from that device.

FYI you can install spotify app on many devices, just never try to have more than 3 with OFFLINE playlists.

Well, like everyone else here, my downloaded playlists are unavailable every time I start Spotify.  I have to re-download each song.  I have a brand new Galaxy S3 and this is not acceptable.   I have the app installed on my phone, my tablet, and my desktop.  I do not get the message "too many devices connected".    I use Spotify because I live in NYC and it's mandatory for me to have offline playlists since I travel by subway alot.  I've only been a member for 2 months and I'm already looking at alternatives.  Any kind of response will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Suggested posts