Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last Spotify update 7.7.0 is draining my Battery (iPhone 7)

Last Spotify update 7.7.0 is draining my Battery (iPhone 7)

I installed the latest update from Spotify iOS this morning (7.7.0). My phone is overheating (something really rare) while playing music on Spotify and it's draining my battery really quickly.

70 Replies

Still happening here too. Was at 81% about 20 minutes ago, now I'm sitting at 65%, and the phone is hot. Come on Spotify!! }:(

Hi. I am on an iPhone 7, running iOS 10.3.1 and my Spotify (8.2.0.549) is draining my battery extremely fast and the phone gets really hot!

HELP! 

Hi,

Iphone 7 Plus 128GB here with latest Ios 10.3.1 and latest Spotify 8.3.0 , still battery drain and telephone is hot ! Spotify when did you plan to fix this ??

Same issue here!! 

Please Spotify comment on this?

It's basically unsuable 

Latest update both iOS and Spotify but still same problem. Its useless!

There should be at least a comment from Spotify about this.

I couldn’t agree more. Seriously, what's happened to Spotify?? It's been my favorite and most used program for several years, and now suddenly not only is the product TERRIBLE, but so is the service. What kind of company sees how many of their users are having issues with their product and doesn't even comment on it?? Software gets broken from time to time, that's fine - but a company that doesn't even acknowledge its customers when they encounter a continual problem? That's unacceptable.

I'm having the same issue.  If it's not fixed soon, I'll quit my premium service.  It's draining the battery, and I'm worried is doing long term damage to the battery and phone.

It's getting impressive how bad Spotify is at resolving this problem. The update before this one resolved the problem, now the last one brings it back. Honestly thinking of not renewing my membership after this whole debacle.

Same here, even when listening to downloaded playlists! If I am exercising and can't keep it plugged in, I have to switch to Apple Music because it will drain my phone down to 20% in a little over an hour!

Spotify,

This is STILL a problem. Please address this asap or I will be using an alternative music service going forward. I can't continue to drain my battery at an insane rate like this and also feel ok about letting my iPhone 7 plus get hot to the touch. I'm listening to a downloaded playlist and this is still happening. This is the only app that has this problem on my iPhone. I'm running the latest version of iOS and I have reinstalled Spotify to attempt to remedy this, however, to no avail! Do something about this!!!!!

issue still not resolved. iphone 7 plus, latest IOS, spotify 8.4.0.623

listening to offline playlist, phone particularily hot around camera lens, fast battery drain.  I feel like this is doing damage to my battery/phone.  Cancelling my premium subscription.

Has Spotify no response???

conducted a test this morn.. really hoping for an update soon... 8.4.0.623 (iOS 10.3) iPhone 7 Plus

spotify - downloaded PL (hot device)
89% @10.26am
79% @10.48am

amazon music - streaming (cool device)
78% @10.51am
77% @11.13am

Yep, same for me. At the moment turning on battery saving mode and putting Spotify in offline mode keeps my phone cool.

What's the deal?!

Same here, very worrying. I have an iPhone 7 plus, whilst using Spotify my phone got extremely hot & drained the battery, hope this hasn't done any permanent damage...

I have the same problem with a new iphone. Is this to do with connectino to facebook? I do not have facebook app on the phone. I read somewhere that sombody had a similar problem until they connected spotify to facebook.

Why does no one from spotify comment on this? Seems like a massive issue from where I am.

Same here! Spotify, what's the deal?

There appear to be several posts discussing the same thing. Spotify have responded to this one!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iPhone-gets-really-really-hot-when-playing-Spotify/i...

yea this started happening to me too...iphone 7 + gets hot and drains about 10% every 15 minutes or so.  Never had an issue before.  I am listening via air pods fwiw

ALSO a clean install did not fix the problem 

Suggested posts