Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone XR, 2020 iPad Pro 11 inch, 2020 MacBook Air 

Operating System

iOS 10 14.6 (latest for all devices)

My Question or Issue

I'm having issues syncing my files to my iPhone. I have tried EVERYTHING I’ve seen mentioned to no avail. I deleted the app, made sure I was on the same wifi, changed the local file location, checked my firewall, made new playlists AND used existing ones, my devices are all up to date, etc. I can see them greyed out, but cannot select them (but they play on my laptop just fine). The strange thing is, it only does this syncing issue on my iPhone. When I downloaded Spotify on my iPad as an experiment, it synced the files and let me play them really easily, none were greyed out. Please help!! I don’t know what else to do I’ve done everything that has been advised in other forums.

1 Reply

Hey @DealingWithIt,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

Based on the info you kindly collected and shared, sounds like the issue is limited to one particular device (your iPhone). For this reason, it'd be great if you'd follow the suggestions under Sync local files on iOS > Didn't Work? here. You already tried the second and third step in that list, but make sure you give all the other steps a go as well.

For further trouble-shooting, there is a list of advanced suggestions under Syncing between device issues in the same Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts