Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing on iPad when switching apps

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad (6th Generation)Operating SystemiPadOS 14.3 My Question or Issue the music pauses and skips when I switch from app to app. I had no problem on my iPhone.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad (6th Generation) Operating System iPadOS 14.3   My Question or Issue   the music pauses and skips when I switch from app to app. I had no pro...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution IPhone X Mute

Hi,I'm having problems with the app on my iPhone X : after I download a playlist, the iPhone X is muted : sound don't play anymore, no music, ... and the menus are also very slow. Turning the mute button on and off does not work. Resetting the phone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having problems with the app on my iPhone X : after I download a playlist, the iPhone X is muted : sound don't play anymore, no music, ... and the menus are also very slow. Turning the mute ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly pauses

When I listen to Spotify when using the app called Ibispaint X to draw.. the music randomly pauses but when I listen to Spotify anywhere else it doesn’t pause at all.. I’m starting to get scared because I feel like I’m getting hacked or something.

• Visitor
  • When I listen to Spotify when using the app called Ibispaint X to draw.. the music randomly pauses but when I listen to Spotify anywhere else it doesn’t pause at all.. I’m starting to get scared beca...
  • poptartfandom
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working With Bluetooth

I recently purchased Spotify Premium, and I tried using it on the mobile app. My plan shows up as premium and I have the premium features, but when I connect my bluetooth earbuds to my phone, the spotify premium features (devices, group session, song...

bbg1.png htr1.png
  • I recently purchased Spotify Premium, and I tried using it on the mobile app. My plan shows up as premium and I have the premium features, but when I connect my bluetooth earbuds to my phone, the spo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12, iPad, PCOperating SystemLatest IOS, Latest Win10 My Question or IssueI am unable to view the lyrics (my iPhone, iPad, or PC). I followed all of the tutorials as to where you click to turn on the lyrics at the bot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12, iPad, PC Operating System Latest IOS, Latest Win10   My Question or Issue I am unable to view the lyrics (my iPhone, iPad, or PC). I followed...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling/popping on bass notes

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue On certain songs that have certain bass notes I hear a crackling or popping sound for a split second. It only happens on those notes. I love bass and so ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  On certain songs that have certain bass notes I hear a crackling or...
  • taranclan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Car View is Going to Kill Someone

I’m All Car View does is make a person take their eyes off the road even longer to push more buttons. If it hasn’t already, it will kill someone soon. You’ve put in place a thing that you think limits your liability when it actually increases it. Do ...

• Visitor
  • I’m All Car View does is make a person take their eyes off the road even longer to push more buttons.   If it hasn’t already, it will kill someone soon.   You’ve put in place a thing th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Streaming not working !anymore!

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 6 CellularOperating SystemiOS 14.3, watchOS 7.1 My Question or Issue Hi together,I had to reset my Watch and after the reset I can no...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 6 Cellular Operating System iOS 14.3, watchOS 7.1   My...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Assistant opens app, but doesn't play song on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.3 I have recently started using Google Assistant to play Spotify in the car as Siri just flat out refuses to. I have the shortcut set up so I can tell Siri "Ok Google" and it will go to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.3   I have recently started using Google Assistant to play Spotify in the car as Siri just flat out refuses ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
    iphone
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Cover Photo

As far as I know since December 8th spotify mobile users are supposed to be able to change their playlists cover photo and add descriptions by going to the three dots and then selecting the "edit" option. But the edit option doesn't appear on my acco...

• Casual Listener
  • As far as I know since December 8th spotify mobile users are supposed to be able to change their playlists cover photo and add descriptions by going to the three dots and then selecting the "edit" op...
  • yoonnel
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs dropping after 30 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 MiniOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueMy songs keep dropping after 30 seconds and moving to a playlist of music that I did not identify nor that has any relevance to my ongoing preferences.I recently upg...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Mini Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue My songs keep dropping after 30 seconds and moving to a playlist of music that I ...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain songs not playing correctly

There's is one particular album I listen to that when played with headphones on sounds fine, but played through speakers or through my phone, the audio quality of the vocals basically disappears, where it's almost impossible to hear the singer and he...

• Casual Listener
  • There's is one particular album I listen to that when played with headphones on sounds fine, but played through speakers or through my phone, the audio quality of the vocals basically disappears, whe...
  • celiajean
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Always the same song when I start the car

premiumFree/Premiumgermany Device(iPhone 11 pro)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello everybody. whenever I get in the car spotify starts. That's a good thing. however, a U2 song is always played at the beg...

• Visitor
  • premium Free/Premium germany   Device (iPhone 11 pro) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello everybody. whenever I get in the c...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played and LIked songs not syncing across devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Pro 11, MacBook Pro 15”Operating SystemiOS 14, iPadOS 14, Mac OS Catalina My Question or IssueThis is not a new problem, but has increasingly become annoying. Recently played songs on one device does...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Pro 11, MacBook Pro 15” Operating System iOS 14, iPadOS 14, Mac OS Catalina   My Question or Issue This is not a new problem, bu...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to edit my playlists

When I go into a playlist which I’ve created, i only have the ability to add songs (which i have already done) I can’t seem to remove any songs from the playlist which is quite frustrating Is this possibly a feature that is exclusive to premium membe...

• Regular
  • When I go into a playlist which I’ve created, i only have the ability to add songs (which i have already done)  I can’t seem to remove any songs from the playlist which is quite frustrating 😞...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Begging for ratings breaks the UX and is distasteful

I have the paid plan and use it mostly on my iPhone. How do I tell it to never, ever popup that damn begggar screen asking me to rate the application ? Begging for ratings is incredibly distasteful, and it literally *breaks the ux*; users can't use t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the paid plan and use it mostly on my iPhone.  How do I tell it to never, ever popup that damn begggar screen asking me to rate the application ?   Begging for ratings is incredibly ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cover art not working via Bluetooth

I currently have a 2019 audi S3 but the cover art is not showing via Bluetooth, but when plugged in though cable it works until unplugged. And idea how to cover art via Bluetooth? Cheers PlanPremiumCountry Uk DeviceiPhone 12 Pro Operating SystemiOS 1...

• I currently have a 2019 audi S3 but the cover art is not showing via Bluetooth, but when plugged in though cable it works until unplugged. And idea how to cover art via Bluetooth? Cheers  Pla...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs looks like they are playing but there is no sound

Im using a iphone 6s. This issue usually happens when i first open the app.I click on a song and it looks like it's playing but no sound comes out so i click on a different song or a playlist and if that dosent work i close the app and open it again ...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using a iphone 6s. This issue usually happens when i first open the app. I click on a song and it looks like it's playing but no sound comes out so i click on a different song or a playlist and i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution local files dissapearing on iphone

my local file sogs randomly dissapeared from my playlists. Im using a iphone 6s.Songs are in my playlists when im on PC but they are not in my lists when im on my phone. It is the second time this issue happend and this time I can't get them back on ...

• Casual Listener
  • my local file sogs randomly dissapeared from my playlists. Im using a iphone 6s. Songs are in my playlists when im on PC but they are not in my lists when im on my phone. It is the second time this ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes