Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files from Macbook Pro not syncing to iPhone 8 Plus

Local Files from Macbook Pro not syncing to iPhone 8 Plus

I have Spotify Premium and I'm trying to sync my local files from my Macbook Pro to my iPhone 8 Plus. I am on the same wifi network and they are not syncing. I have created playlists on my laptop with these local files and when I open this playlist on my phone it says there are 6 songs, but none of them show up. What do I do to get them to show up?  

5 Replies

Hey @Skawachi, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Just tap on the … top right corner and enable the Download option. Then wait for the local files to download and you should be go to go.

You can also read this support article to learn more about local files in Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

I've already tried that and nothing happens and the songs still don't show up. I've tried everything from deleting and reinstalling, turning off firewalls, using a hotspot, etc. nothing has worked

Hey @Skawachi,

Sorry that didn't help 🙂

Could you try enabling the Download option for that playlist with the local files only on your PC too, aside from the phone?

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page.

Let me know how it goes.

Still does not work. I don't see why I pay for premium if I can't even have my local files on my phone.

hello? issue still not resolved... maybe i should just switch to apple music since this **bleep**ing company can't fix an issue that's been known for years. absolutely ridiculous 

Suggested posts