Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not downloading on iPhone app.

Solved!

Local Files not downloading on iPhone app.

Plan

Student Premium/Hulu

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I have used local files in my spotify playlist for around 6 months with no issue. But recently I was messing around with the files by trying to add custom images to them, and then Spotify could no longer play those files. I was eventually able to fix this on my PC, but after reinstalling Spotify on my iPhone it never downloaded the songs. When I play my playlist, sometimes the songs will appear, but are immediately skipped.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FirmApple.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this only happen to the files with the custom images?

In the meantime, we'd also recommend double-checking all of the steps here.

Keep us posted,

/M

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @FirmApple.

Let's try adding the local files to a new playlist and syncing that one instead to see if you're able to play them.

You can also try to sync your local files over a different internet connection. In case you don't have access to a different internet conneciont, try disabling your antivirus and firewall for a moment while you sync the local files.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

So I created a new playlist and added 4 of my local file songs (including one I had not used previously). When I attempted to download the playlist on my phone it showed a grayed out download sign indicating that something was downloading. But nothing has downloaded. All of the songs are playable on my computer, but no songs even show up in the playlist on my phone.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Just to confirm, were you able to use a different WiFi to try syncing your music? Also, did you try turning off your antivirus?

Also, you can try reinstalling the app on both devices before syncing the local files again.

Keep us posted.

I have tried reinstalling the app on my pc and iPhone, and have also tried turning off my antivirus. Nothing changed, I still can't even see the custom files on my phone.

Marked as solution

Hey @FirmApple.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this only happen to the files with the custom images?

In the meantime, we'd also recommend double-checking all of the steps here.

Keep us posted,

/M

Ok, so I made a dumb mistake and didn't realize that since my PC is conncted via Ethernet cable it isn't connected to the WiFi. So I connected it and was able to download all of the songs. Sorry for dragging out such an easy fix.

Great!

We're glad to hear your local files are now synced and ready to go.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

Have a great week 🙂

Suggested posts