Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Songs keep skipping and pausing randomly

Myself and a lot of my friends have experienced a similar issue recently, but related to Spotify Connect.I've had this issues connecting from both my iPhone 7 iOS 11.3, MacBook Pro (OSX Sierra) connecting to my Samsung R1 speaker and also my Sonos Sy...

• Myself and a lot of my friends have experienced a similar issue recently, but related to Spotify Connect. I've had this issues connecting from both my iPhone 7 iOS 11.3, MacBook Pro (OSX Sierra...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Username listed as string of numbers on iPhone when connected with Facebook

Hello. I am connected to my Spotify student premium account via Facebook sign-on. However, my username on my iPhone app is something like "1243756321." This makes it awkward to share playlists and tracks. Anyone have a similar problem? I tried changi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I am connected to my Spotify student premium account via Facebook sign-on. However, my username on my iPhone app is something like "1243756321." This makes it awkward to share playlists and tr...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app update: can’t search for friends/people anymore?

I wanted to add a friend but with the latest update, I can only search for music/artists/podcasts but not for people... doesn’t anyone know how I can do that? I don’t even see my followers anymore so I couldn’t find my friend through other friends pr...

• Regular
  • I wanted to add a friend but with the latest update, I can only search for music/artists/podcasts but not for people... doesn’t anyone know how I can do that? I don’t even see my followers anymore so...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Deleted songs since update

ALL of my songs have been deleted since this new update, except for one playlist. I’m beyond furious since I’ve had an account with you guys since middle school. Any help on getting them all back??

• ALL of my songs have been deleted since this new update, except for one playlist. I’m beyond furious since I’ve had an account with you guys since middle school. Any help on getting them all back??
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PROBLEM WITH AN IPOD

Hi! I have a problem with my iPod, iOS 6.1.6. I've already dowloaded the app with an older version form iTunes, but everything goes wrong when i try to listen my music (already on a downloaded playlist). I don't know why when i go to Offline mode, th...

• Hi! I have a problem with my iPod, iOS 6.1.6.   I've already dowloaded the app with an older version form iTunes, but everything goes wrong when i try to listen my music (already on a download...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New update

So the new Spotify update just came out and I don’t like it. I carnt evan shuffle play all my music. If ther a way to go back on an update help would be greatly appreciated

• Casual Listener
  • So the new Spotify update just came out and I don’t like it. I carnt evan shuffle play all my music. If ther a way to go back on an update help would be greatly appreciated 
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I don’t have the new update

Hello.Everyone is talking about the new update of Spotify but for some reason I still have the old version. I updated my phone (iPhone 6s) to IOS 11.3.1 (because that is the latest update on my phone) and I updated the app of Spotify but I still have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Everyone is talking about the new update of Spotify but for some reason I still have the old version. I updated my phone (iPhone 6s) to IOS 11.3.1 (because that is the latest update on my pho...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing after whataspp audio message

Hello,after upgrade my iPhone X to 11.3 version I see the following problem: While I'm listening the music on Spotify, if I switch on whatsapp (while the song is playing) and click play on a audio message, after the message the song doesn't start aut...

• Hello, after upgrade my iPhone X to 11.3 version I see the following problem:   While I'm listening the music on Spotify, if I switch on whatsapp (while the song is playing) and click play on...
  • -2iilwct_ud9a
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Can’t download song into my iPhone

Please help me, I’m so frustrated!I downloaded some songs on my laptop and click the download button then I check my iPhone if it worked, I also click the download button too on my phone, and this is what I get.

5C0C9A44-BB2A-46B2-9500-D5ABEDAB2E27.png FE5F0035-0886-4830-B2DC-7E7D4DC835F8.png
  •     Please help me, I’m so frustrated! I downloaded some songs on my laptop and click the download button then I check my iPhone if it worked, I also click the download button too on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Rearranging?

In the new Spotify update, I can’t figure out how to rearrange songs in a playlist in alphabetical order (only allows for date added). Help? It’s a really small thing, so no biggie if it’s set in stone like this.

• In the new Spotify update, I can’t figure out how to rearrange songs in a playlist in alphabetical order (only allows for date added). Help? It’s a really small thing, so no biggie if it’s set in sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

bestofkt9

I paid my membership fee but my membership has not been premium yet. please help me very much in this situation.

• Casual Listener
  • I paid my membership fee but my membership has not been premium yet. please help me very much in this situation.
  • ei-8mb_u1w3z8
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone X battery drain and heat

Battery is draining insanely fast and phone hit 105 degrees Fahrenheit while I’m charger. No issue with Apple Music streaming. iphone X and latest update from App Store.

• Gig Goer
  • Battery is draining insanely fast and phone hit 105 degrees Fahrenheit while I’m charger. No issue with Apple Music streaming.   iphone X and latest update from App Store.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Premium account, new phone, playlists not transfered

Hello dear Community,I have been looking into the various FAQs and support threads but nothing seems to work. So apologies if this question has been answered somewhere.I no longer want to use Spotify on my work phone. So I have logged in into my Prem...

• Hello dear Community, I have been looking into the various FAQs and support threads but nothing seems to work. So apologies if this question has been answered somewhere. I no longer want to use Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs skipping on their own

Hi: I have reinstalled the spotify app (premium account) & re-booted the iphone 6s using iOS 11.3.1 phone...songs are still skipping. Anyone have any other ideas?

• Hi:   I have reinstalled the spotify app (premium account) & re-booted the iphone 6s using iOS 11.3.1 phone...songs are still skipping. Anyone have any other ideas?
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat button not working on iphone

Hi Spotify, I'm a premium user and have been for a very long time now. Few months ago, the repeat button on my Spotify account has been unable to use on my iPhone. Basically the button is there, but I can't seem to repeat a song, although I can repea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   I'm a premium user and have been for a very long time now. Few months ago, the repeat button on my Spotify account has been unable to use on my iPhone. Basically the button ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue Missing

I can't see my queue anymore. I have tried playing from an artist list and i have deleted my app and re-installed and it is still gone. A song will play and it does say "playing from Queue" at the top, but it does not let me see my queue. There is no...

• I can't see my queue anymore. I have tried playing from an artist list and i have deleted my app and re-installed and it is still gone. A song will play and it does say "playing from Queue" at the to...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Cant listen a song

I can’t play a song from a other country. the name of the song is Draai het Om from Boef from the Netherlands. Why is that? Have a picture added.

• I can’t play a song from a other country. the name of the song is Draai het Om from Boef from the Netherlands. Why is that? Have a picture added.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle playing songs in order, no Premium

I noticed when I pressed Shuffle Play for playlist, the songs are playing in order. I’m still getting ads however. I know I didn’t sign up for a trial again or are paying for it.

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed when I pressed Shuffle Play for playlist, the songs are playing in order. I’m still getting ads however. I know I didn’t sign up for a trial again or are paying for it.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs playing in order despite no Premium?

I noticed when I pressed Shuffle Play for playlist, the songs are playing in order. I’m still getting ads however. I know I didn’t sign up for a trial again or are paying for it.

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed when I pressed Shuffle Play for playlist, the songs are playing in order. I’m still getting ads however. I know I didn’t sign up for a trial again or are paying for it.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix

Hi there, I’ve been on premium for about a month and have been listening and saving music, however I still have no daily mix. My app is up to date. Is there a way to fix this? Many thanks Sarah

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I’ve been on premium for about a month and have been listening and saving music, however I still have no daily mix. My app is up to date. Is there a way to fix this?    Many tha...
  • Giallou
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes